Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just wanted to say hi. Already made a post in another thread about a question I had. Now decided to post here to say, Yo wazzup

I just recently got a 2009 Escape XLT V6 AWD and quickly been making it my own.

when i got her:

So far, I have done the following:
  • New plugs
  • new Air Filter
  • Rear breaks
  • Oil change to full syn
  • Redid some of the trim in black (was faded)
  • blacked out the front grill
  • installed an android auto touchscreen deck
  • LED lights all around
  • Added some accent lighting to the front grill

Here she is as it stands now:

Anyways, that is all!

Have a nice day!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome...your [E] will make a fine addition to [our] collection...or something like that

Actually I already have a question for you since you mention LEDs; are you suffering the hyperflash, or did you add resistors/get the damn Smart Junction Box to cut it out already (I read somewhere that the bulb out indication could be defeated in software for the tail lights only...but have yet to find any specific info).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome...your [E] will make a fine addition to [our] collection...or something like that

Actually I already have a question for you since you mention LEDs; are you suffering the hyperflash, or did you add resistors/get the damn Smart Junction Box to cut it out already (I read somewhere that the bulb out indication could be defeated in software for the tail lights only...but have yet to find any specific info).
Hey, I added the resistor pack to the front signals and the rear to stop it. At first I hyperflashed them, but got tired of it real fast and got some off amazon. I didnt do the software trick. While I did read something about it, i decided the easiest way was to just add the resister packs.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey, I added the resistor pack to the front signals and the rear to stop it. At first I hyperflashed them, but got tired of it real fast and got some off amazon. I didnt do the software trick. While I did read something about it, i decided the easiest way was to just add the resister packs.
Well...check in on them once in a while. I just found one of mine melted into the reverse light reflector (it had come unstuck). Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well...check in on them once in a while. I just found one of mine melted into the reverse light reflector (it had come unstuck). Cheers
Thanks for the tip! I will do that. I gorilla taped them to the metal just behind the lights, so I should check them to make sure they are still good... I didn't want to screw them in to the metal and create another area for water to get in.

The ones in the engine bay appear to be still stuck to where I put them after a couple days, so I don't think the rears will be any different but will check none the less.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome and you're gonna love that Scape!
Owned my 08' for 10 wonderful years now and used it as a full size for the most part pulling trailers/pulling down trees and many more things over the years.
I just added an ATV winch, (or should say added the wiring/mounted the winch on a removable receiver hitch) that I'm using to raise and lower my 65' ham radio tower.

I was unaware there was a "bulb out" indicator in them, (I just had the RR brake light go and had no indication of it out till i noticed the instrument panel flashing the turn signal indicator faster).

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,583 Posts
Welcome to the City!!! We are glad you joined us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts