Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I imported a 2001 Ford Maverick from London to Kinshasa. All the keys were lost at the port and the Ford mechanic suspects that the ignition system may have been damaged when they were trying to cut a new key after removing it from the car at the port. When programing a new key to reset the immobilizer, the computer shows these DTES P1000, B1213? B160, B2431. The ports function but the engine still wont start even not crancking. Only when you put an earth to starting relay it can crank the engine but not starting, meaning that injector is not working. However, by puting a small quantity of fuel in the inlet manifold it started. PLEASE PLEASE anyone know the problem? I suspect that the programing is not being done right and the Ford mechanic sugests replacing the entire ignition system which will cost loads..... HELP HELP HELP......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I wish someone would be coughing up serious cash... the clearing agent did so already, but none can challenge the state officials who practically steal from what is being imported and do whatever they want... it is suspected that they are the ones responsible for the "lost" keys as this often happens until you pay them, if you are lucky that they will give them back....

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
I guess in hindsite you should have had a duplicate set of kets ready to go and not with the car... So the Ford mechanic took you VIN number and got the right key and PATS setup and it still does not work?

Did you disconnect the battery for a time to clear the systems and start fresh with the right key set?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Under the dashboard on one of the kick panels is the emergency fuel cutoff switch. See if that was somehow tripped. I think pressing it in will reset it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your responses. We checked the fuel pump shut off switch and it is working well and was not activated. I went onto the net and discovered that the garage is not using the right key and the right procedure... see: http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/ ... uIndex1=42 .The 2001 Ford Escape which has the same chassis platform as the 2001 Ford Maverick needs a 3 (#1) key. They provided me with a 15 key, which is usually for a Ford Explorer. Furthermore, the DTCs received when performing the programing are: P1000, B1600, B1213, B2431. This indicates that the key has not been programed and is not the right key. I am ordering the right keys now and believe this will solve the problem.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
good luck!!! we had a similar problem when we flat bedded some of our army trucks for exercise in the US, the trucker had to have the keys for when they went through customs. i managed to get a second set cut before i loaded the truck and took them with me for the flight. good thing too cause when we got there the traffic guys couldn't find the keys to my repair truck.!!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Sounds like you have it well researched and will be on your way. I hope it works out for you soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts