Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 Ford Escape currently has manual only lights and I would like a way to avoid having to turn them on every time.

Is there a cheap automatic headlight mod or a way to have them turn on whenever I crank the car? (Kinda like daytime running lights)

I would think there was a fuse/relay somewhere I could connect that would just turn the lights eye whenever I ran the car and turn them off when I shut the engine off. I just don't know the steps to do this.

Thank you very much for your help.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I thought I was lazy. Are you sure this is really an issue... not to be blunt or anything....

Because I'm pretty sure this would mean that your dashboard would be 'on' all day, and all the back lighting in the radio and stuff would be on too. I guess I never found turning on my headlights to be a fussle. Maybe when they come on when I drive through a tunnel or under an overpass during the day, but not this...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
My parents have a 2001 XLT and even if you leave the headlights on after shutting down the car and locking it, they still shut off in a minute or two and don't drain the battery. Perhaps you could just leave the headlamp switch switched on all the time?

I'm not sure if your 2003 headlamps behave the same way as my parents' 2001.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2002 ford escape and the lights will automatically shut off after 30 seconds if you leave your headlights in the on position. I work third shift at the hospital and leave them on with I get to work and in the morning they come right back on as soon as I start the escape. :play:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Is it possible to add the factory auto light system? I know you would at least need to buy the stalk and the sensor but would the computer be already programmed (if it's handled by that) and would the wiring be there?

·
Registered
482 Posts
The manual for the '03 Escape says that there's a built-in battery saver that shuts the headlamps off 10 minutes after engine shut off. That's separate from the delay shut-off. So no matter what, the headlamps will turn off. Personally, I would just turn them on and off as I need them.....kinda like shoulder checking or putting on a seat belt. :angel:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.