Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of replacing the rear shock absorbers on my 2002 Escape and am confounded by the procedure for the removal of the interior rear quarter trim panel to gain access to the top of the rear shock. Specifically, I have been able to get the rear trim panel free up to attachment point at the lower front of the panel. This point is underneath the back of the rear sill point. At this point both of these panels are held by a white nylon pin of some type. I have freed up the sill plate, but can't figure out how to free up the rear trim panel. I would appreciate any suggestion.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
All you need to do is pry at it a little to get the panel out. I have a panel tool. but a flat screw driver should do to get it out. I pry from under the panel so it wont get scratched.

how much did it cost to replace the rear shocks? What brand? How many miles on your escape? I have just over 100,000miles and I was thinking of doing mine. Ohhh make sure you get new bushings for where the shocks mount to the body. They tend to dry out, crack, and get compressed. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have 115,000 miles on our Escape. I purchased KYB shocks from partsgeek.com for $75.00 (for 2). The shocks did not come with the lower mounting bushings, so I'll have to find a place to buy those. I also replaced the front struts (also KYB) and front brake rotors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts