Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here goes: Truck starts fine everything works :thumb: but when I put it in reverse or drive the radio stops.( all lights, volume and station are displayed) but no sound. :shrug:. Only other thing is
e-brake light is on (soft,dim) goes bright if I apply e-brake. Started doing this yesterday (SAT). If I turned off radio yesterday and turned it back on it worked but not today. HELP DRIVING WITH NO TUNES :taz: oh yea 2001 escape v6 xlt 4x4

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ouchies - it sounds like there is definitely an electrical short somewhere. Electrical problems are absolutely the worst, they're so hard to locate.... Additionally, someone might think about relocating this post to "Electrical" or Problems and Solutions"

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I agree. And I made it so.

:D

I think I may also have an answer for this. Unplug the DRL module (C2074), which is located just above and to the left of the brake pedal hinge, then try to shift into gear again.

If that doesn't work, reconnect the DRL module and let me know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks jpark I'll try that tonight and let you know

opps sorry for posting in wrong spot :wall:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Not a problem!!!

I hope this will be an easy fix, whatever it is.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Me too. Replacing a fried DRL module is much easier than trying to troubleshoot wiring issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
usually when u get an odd issue like this it means that a live wire is feeding into a ground somewhere. I am good at troubleshooting wiring so if you can't find a fix let me know I will walk through it with you and see what we can find out for you.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Welcome to E-C, and thanks for the help offer!

:D

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
:wave:

What are the results were you able to fix it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts