Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
We have a low profile (Ford OEM) bug shield on our 08 Escape. It was put on shortly after we purchased it in June, 2007. To this day it has done an excellent job in protecting the hood. The low profile looks better, imo. :)

A word about WeatherTech..... They are worth the money, imo. I can't comment on their bug shields (others on here probably can) but we have their window visors on our Dodge Ram and they are durable, top quality in my opinion. I also put their digital fit floor mats in my Mariner and have been VERY satisfied with them.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I have a WeatherTech Bug shield and it's a great investment. Made of great quality plastic. My window visor, and sunroof visor is also WeatherTech.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have an AVS bug deflector sitting in my closet. I ordered it, thinking it would be great for bugs, rocks etc, but once it arrived, I had second thoughts about putting it on. I was worried about being able to keep the edge of the hood washed and waxed, and thought about the dirt that would get trapped down in there and how easy/hard it would be to keep that area clean. Also, on some of the other forums, people claim that these things don't help that much with bugs and actually deflect rocks right into the windshield. Two other factors - I wasn't keen on drilling holes into a brand new vehicle and according to the instructions that came with it, you can never go through one of those automatic car washes with it installed. Not that I plan on doing that in the near future but...so for now, in the closet it sits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts