Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched around the site for tips on adding subs, changing out the head unit, and adding ambient lighting. still got a few simple questions on some things that i hope you guys can help me with-
1) I have the 09 xlt escape without the subs and i want to put one some where in the vehicle without it getting to much in the way. i was hoping to find a space where they would been in the higher end models but didnt find any, so where would be a nice spot to put a 10" sub in this vehicle that would mostly remain out of the way? since this is the 09 model the custom molding offered by the MTX Thunderforms isnt going to fit it right.

2) I'm wanting to add ambient lighting to the insides of the driver's and passenger's footwell and get some for the back seating as well. how do i go about tieing this into the dashboard power so they would turn on if the dashboard lighting turns on? I dont have to much experience in this area so any little detail would be greatly appreciated.

3) Last question is what would be recommended for a car-nav system for the escape, i'm looking to spend $600 or less and hoping to get a decent head unit with bluetooth, dvd playback, and navigation. this escape only has the basic non-nav head unit so i would have to also pick up the proper dash kit, which would also be included in that $600.

Again any advice here would be greatly appreciated and the more details and tips the better it'll be for me and any other 2009 escape owners interested in doing this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bonus question- there's a sirus satellite antenna that I know I won't be using, is there a way to use this for the nav unit instead of using it for sirus? Not a big deal if that's not possible just wanted to make use of all available resources the escape already may have.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Take a peek at the false floor builds I've put together for the other members as well as my own ride. Results in ZERO space loss and will sound fantastic. Its not just about the bass, of course. Take a peek at my builds and ask whatever questions remain.

jdconn01 said:
I've searched around the site for tips on adding subs, changing out the head unit, and adding ambient lighting. still got a few simple questions on some things that i hope you guys can help me with-
1) I have the 09 xlt escape without the subs and i want to put one some where in the vehicle without it getting to much in the way. i was hoping to find a space where they would been in the higher end models but didnt find any, so where would be a nice spot to put a 10" sub in this vehicle that would mostly remain out of the way? since this is the 09 model the custom molding offered by the MTX Thunderforms isnt going to fit it right.

2) I'm wanting to add ambient lighting to the insides of the driver's and passenger's footwell and get some for the back seating as well. how do i go about tieing this into the dashboard power so they would turn on if the dashboard lighting turns on? I dont have to much experience in this area so any little detail would be greatly appreciated.

3) Last question is what would be recommended for a car-nav system for the escape, i'm looking to spend $600 or less and hoping to get a decent head unit with bluetooth, dvd playback, and navigation. this escape only has the basic non-nav head unit so i would have to also pick up the proper dash kit, which would also be included in that $600.

Again any advice here would be greatly appreciated and the more details and tips the better it'll be for me and any other 2009 escape owners interested in doing this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts