Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me with my exterior mods? I want to find out everything for the front guards and side rails. and any other input would be great for exterior mods. I just finished paying this sucker off and its time to mod!! :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Cool man nothing better than having a ride PAID OFF !!! :yahoo:

As far as looks it depends on what you want to go for. I have had mine lifted with big mudder tires and now lower with a street look.

The aftermarket for the Escape is somewhat limited compared to some other SUVs but much can be done. Head and tail lights, flairs side steps or bars, rear wings, tints, wheels tires, hoods, chrome...

What sort of look are you going for?

Welcome to the city

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im looking for a real clean street look. Interested in side rails and bull bars or whatever they are called. Im waiting to clean my car to post up pics lol. But its 2002 XLS. Im painting it all black and im just looking for good ideas.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I suggest everything on my mod list lol, I started off with the same Escape you've got, except the XLT rather than XLS. Start off with the small things such as a shorty antenna or the '05 style headlights, then go for the side steps, bull bar, and maybe wheels? It all depends on what you're looking for. :D

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
You might want to post some pics. It's easier to tell what might look good on it.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Wheels and tire make the biggest change in the look of any vehicle, but it is usually one of the most expensive. Also consider how long you really plan to keep the thing. Wheel and tires and be moved to other cars (your next escape :)) later on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really look forward to you guys' help. I'm going to put up pics Saturday night. Shes not a looker yet but she will be. :yes: Im planning to paint her all black or pearl white. Where can i get my hands on a shorty antenna lilshimmy?

·
Registered
321 Posts
BaeEscape said:
I really look forward to you guys' help. I'm going to put up pics Saturday night. Shes not a looker yet but she will be. :yes: Im planning to paint her all black or pearl white. Where can i get my hands on a shorty antenna lilshimmy?
I got mine off of ebay from the user "shortyantennasource". I think it was around $15 with shipping, and it was at my house within two days.

·
Registered
232 Posts
paint her matt black with all black wheels
will look awsome a bit like rob drydecks SUV if u guys see and or watch his show on MTV

but that would look great like that

·
Registered
321 Posts
escapedtroy said:
will look awsome a bit like rob drydecks SUV if u guys see and or watch his show on MTV

I agree, that Tahoe looks sick all blacked out. Black matte paint, tinted windows, tinted tail lights, black wheels, black antenna. That'd be sweet.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i love that suv what sorta model and make is it as we dont have them down under

his last one looked mad too the one he gave away

·
Registered
321 Posts
It was a Chevy Tahoe, and I'm not sure what you're talking about that he gave away, I haven't seen the show in awhile.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
srry about the pic delay guys ran in to alil trouble with well...life :fan: lol. tomorrow im going to take sum pics to post up. and by the way escapedtroy is that your escape? those blacked out headlights are reaaalll nice :drool: .

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
lilshimy36 said:
escapedtroy said:

I agree, that Tahoe looks sick all blacked out. Black matte paint, tinted windows, tinted tail lights, black wheels, black antenna. That'd be sweet.
Just a small snippet of useless trivia.

I worked for years with a bloke called Matt Black.

His parents must have had a sense of humour. :lol:

Anyway.
:topic:

·
Registered
232 Posts
BaeEscape said:
srry about the pic delay guys ran in to alil trouble with well...life :fan: lol. tomorrow im going to take sum pics to post up. and by the way escapedtroy is that your escape? those blacked out headlights are reaaalll nice :drool: .
yeah mate my escape
they arent blacked out lights i think it must just be the angle.
apparently they are the "angel eyes" style of light, well thats what i have heard them called

thats the only current pic of the front for u
what did u decide on what u are going to to to urs?

cheers

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Big Chris said:
lilshimy36 said:
escapedtroy said:

Just a small snippet of useless trivia.

I worked for years with a bloke called Matt Black.

His parents must have had a sense of humour. :lol:

Anyway.
:topic:
I don't suppose he was Goth :lightning: . Was he? :bill:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh ok, yeah they are called angel eyes. they must be awesome at night. how where you able to get em? pics comin soon guys i just had alil storm pass through NC. I got some ideas but i wanna start from inside out for some reason only big things imma do outside is the head lights tail lights tints xenon and debadge. so yea. tryin to find the perfect ones

·
Registered
232 Posts
the car had these light from factory on a few i guess they were an option
yeah they look good at night as do the tail lights
as for ur exterior i thought u were goingt o paint and wheels?
cheers

1 - 20 of 31 Posts