Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of pics of mine. One from a few weeks ago on a trip around Tasmania and one taken yesterday after having an ARB nudge bar and a pair of Ironman Gamma 175 driving lights fitted. Other "mods" are TJM tube side steps, Maxxis Bravo 261 A/T tyres, GPS, Towbar.
It is an 01 model XLT V6 auto.





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
i bet that brightens up the road eh LoL. my wife said they look ugly, but she doesnt know anything about vehicles LoL, i want a crash bar and off road lights !!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Ain't that steering wheel on the wrong side?? :confused: :confused: :tease:
J/K. :lol: Nice Escape! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
Thanks for joining the site mate. Stick around, hope you enjoy it.

See you on AFF.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
Tribute Dad said:
Ain't that steering wheel on the wrong side?? :confused: :confused: :tease:
J/K. :lol: Nice Escape! :thumb:
if i was super rich.. heck if i was even just slightly well off, i would have a few RHD's haha. older model Mini, and perhaps an escape!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tribute Dad said:
Ain't that steering wheel on the wrong side?? :confused: :confused: :tease:
J/K. :lol: Nice Escape! :thumb:
:lol: Depends which way you look at it :doh: :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,629 Posts
Beach sand dune driving, is something i never tried out.

Too late now, as i have highway terrain tires on.

__________#

I used to, have a set of " Cooper All Terrains".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
stone said:
Beach sand dune driving, is something i never tried out.

Too late now, as i have highway terrain tires on.

__________#

I used to, have a set of " Cooper All Terrains".
HT tyres are just fine for beach driving...it's not about the tread it's more about the flotation. Drop them down to about 15 to 18PSI so they bag out a bit and away you go. The tyres I had on in the beach pic were Bridgestone Dueller HTs.. no problems at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,629 Posts
christophera said:
stone said:
Beach sand dune driving, is something i never tried out.

Too late now, as i have highway terrain tires on.

__________#

I used to, have a set of " Cooper All Terrains".
HT tyres are just fine for beach driving...it's not about the tread it's more about the flotation. Drop them down to about 15 to 18PSI so they bag out a bit and away you go. The tyres I had on in the beach pic were Bridgestone Dueller HTs.. no problems at all.
Thanks Christophera. :)

Forgot about that.

One of my previous bosses, suggested i should, give beach driving a go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
G'day again y'all
I'm still breathin' and so is the Escape. Here's a recent pic taken on a trip to the Grampians (National Park in Victoria, Australia).
The Escape has done a few trips in the past 12 months..a couple weeks touring Tasmania... few days in the Otway Ranges in Victoria.. plus the most recent in the the Grampians. All of the trips involved quite a bit of off roading in all conditions without any problems at all. I carry an air compressor, a full size spare wheel and a recovery kit and have only ever had reason to use the compressor to adjust tyre pressures to the terrain. The little red truck does the job. :)

 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top