Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was this past summer. Amery WI airport. I had volunteered to work as my friend hosts this. Well at the end of the day I got a couple runs in. I took my MS3 out last year..but didnt have cameras on the car.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mega bump, but that's really cool!

I want one of those so bad :drool: It's been like my dream since I first saw one all the way back in 2005. Arrival Blue supercharged coupe. Someday I'll have one! Just gotta learn stick first :yes:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet it got bumped! I have newer video of me and my Supercharged SS friend at a hill climb! :)

My car before my turbo SS was a Mazdaspeed 3. I like the SS and the engine is great, handling, power, fastest fwd car stock, and great for racing but WOW the quality and options suck so bad compared to my MS3. But the ecotec will make more power easier. My hope and wish is a US ford focus RS :)

Here is my car at the hill climb. My friend w/ red SS supercharged is my copilot:

Here is my friends car at the hill climb, 2007 supercharged SS. Me as copilot:

Both of us have race suspension setup similar to the Time Attack cobalt that dominated. I will say though its a solid car if you don't want or need all the fancy things. 2005-2007 Supercharged cars run 7-13 grand. and the turbo coupe and sedans run 12-18k depending on where you buy them from. If you do look for them, make sure it has a G85 package. This is the LSD...which is a must for a high power fwd car.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice pedo bear sticker in the window :hyst:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kyle51895 said:
Nice pedo bear sticker in the window :hyst:
:yahoo: ya haha that was from my polizei cobalt. Drove MN to Chicago and didn't get arrested surprisingly haha. Huge cobalt/ecotec meet last year. I actually thought the bear looked perfect in the window so I left it. Last fall some kid next to me rolls his window down and asked if it was a squirrel....I was like, um no its a pedophile bear, but I'm not a pedo, just thought it was funny.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is that just tape or did you actually put vinyls on?

I think the gas prices are going to make Cobalts go up, however it might make the SS go down because it requires premium fuel. I don't know but I want one! And an Escape too ;)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kyle51895 said:
Is that just tape or did you actually put vinyls on?

I think the gas prices are going to make Cobalts go up, however it might make the SS go down because it requires premium fuel. I don't know but I want one! And an Escape too ;)
polizei was vinyl everything else was blue painters tape with race tape over it. The trunk had a orange stripe pattern on it. Was so funny to have speeders about to pass me, slam on the brakes and stay behind me thinking I was a police car. I had strobe lights in the grill as well.

The resale on the cobalts is horrid. SO as a buyer yes you will get a fantastic deal. They get good gas mileage so their resale may stay at what it is, but unless gas gets near 5 a gallon I dont see it going up yet. I love the escape, but mine is a base xls w/ 4wd and automatic. After driving it over winter with the snow melting I've been going stir crazy to drive my SS. Finally got it out last night. Oh man is boost addicting. I have my spare pcm being shipped so I can tune it up, 330-350whp. Then when racing I'll swap the stock gm stage 1 tune I have on my stock pcm.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well I'm definitely looking for a manual but in Florida most of the Cobalt's are automatic sedans because that's what the old people pick :p Luckily my Dad works at a car dealership and he can snag cars before they're shipped off to auction. That's how he got this:

2007 GT/CS for $18,500 in early 2008. He pays $500 over what the dealer gives in trade. He says he gets a good number of Escapes and Cobalts that come through, so hopefully I get lucky like him.

I don't know if you go on Cobaltss.net, but I'm probably gonna post on there when I'm looking too, there's some good deals on SS's there too. (I'm supermanman on there)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah I'm on CSS.net. Kind of the drama infused forum but it has lots of good info and some freaking stupid people.

I love mustangs. I priced a 2011 GT, but then my want of heated seats...made the price go over a Evo X and then I was like...meh I'll wait for the boss :) You should be able to get some good deals on the supercharged cobalt then. They should be well under 10k for your dad. That LSJ ecotec motor is pretty solid.

Not sure how into racing you are (I mean real racing not street racing), theres a forum, gmsportcompact.net that has Powell race shop as a vendor. He made the time attack and grand am racing cobalts, sells lots of parts for the cobalts if you want a track worthy one. Otherwise gmsportcompact is full of the older crowd of more serious people.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah CSS isn't really as good for me because I kinda feel like I'm in the way posting there because I don't have a Cobalt, so I don't know as much about them. I haven't been there lately but I'll have to check it out again, there must be some pretty good deals now that the 2005 SS is getting to be 6 years old and people will probably be ready to upgrade. Some performance parts would be cool, but I don't think I'll be able to afford any of that being a HS kid, so I'll probably be some dweeb with a CAI and little mods like that for a while. Either way I'm going to hopefully get one of the two cars I've wanted for forever, either the Cobalt or the Escape.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kyle51895 said:
Yeah CSS isn't really as good for me because I kinda feel like I'm in the way posting there because I don't have a Cobalt, so I don't know as much about them. I haven't been there lately but I'll have to check it out again, there must be some pretty good deals now that the 2005 SS is getting to be 6 years old and people will probably be ready to upgrade. Some performance parts would be cool, but I don't think I'll be able to afford any of that being a HS kid, so I'll probably be some dweeb with a CAI and little mods like that for a while. Either way I'm going to hopefully get one of the two cars I've wanted for forever, either the Cobalt or the Escape.
Theres actually been a few 15yr olds on there that talk before buying. The problem is if they act like a street racer, they get flamed like no other. When you have the internet to protect you, people talk big game.

If you can get a 2007 SC/SS. The 05's had their issues, it was worked out in 06, but the 07's are newer and have more with g85 (recaro seats and LSD). You should be able to find one for 10 or less with low-ish miles. I actually looked to get a LSJ (SC/SS) one that I would strip and put the gm stage 3 on just like the Time Attack Cobalt. But I figured I'd just do that with my current SS now that I have an escape. The escape is getting old and a base model though, so I kind of want to sell it for a new escape or edge....

the LSJ with a gm stage 2 and a 2.9" pulley (before any cooling mods) is damn fast for what it is. For a first car? If you are a responsible and mature 16 yr old then sure. Otherwise they can get you into trouble quick ;) Which model escape are you looking at?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was looking at a 2001-2004, I've found some really nice (cheap) ones and up north where my family is I've seen a nice 2003 Black Limited with about 100,000 miles for $4,000. As far as a Cobalt, I don't mind what year it is, however I would require it to be a Coupe and prefer a 2007+ because of the nicer interior, plus what you said, the kinks have been worked out. Money is my only problem at the moment, but I should be making quite a bit this summer, so hopefully that and my parents maybe helping would be nice :D

My dad is on board with the SS, so I guess I pass the maturity test with him, and my Mom doesn't care what I get unless it's newer than a 2000 and has airbags :p

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kyle51895 said:
I was looking at a 2001-2004, I've found some really nice (cheap) ones and up north where my family is I've seen a nice 2003 Black Limited with about 100,000 miles for $4,000. As far as a Cobalt, I don't mind what year it is, however I would require it to be a Coupe and prefer a 2007+ because of the nicer interior, plus what you said, the kinks have been worked out. Money is my only problem at the moment, but I should be making quite a bit this summer, so hopefully that and my parents maybe helping would be nice :D

My dad is on board with the SS, so I guess I pass the maturity test with him, and my Mom doesn't care what I get unless it's newer than a 2000 and has airbags :p
Ah the 1st gen ones. I didnt want the shifter on the steering column so I made sure to find a 05+. But yes there are some good deals on the 1st gen ones. Although as you probably have read this forum a lot, there are some issues with them. As long as you aren't scared to do some work or get a trans fixed your good! You looking at AWD or fwd?

Ah your still young, work hard and have fun. Once you get old and a full time job, crap hits the fan and you lose track of time. Oh I will say the Cobalt SS will have 8 airbags or something with side curtains. Don't know about the escape. My xls base model only has 2.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I drive my Mom's truck with a column shift now, so that doesn't bother me. FWD, because here in FL I'll never need it and the gas wasted to have AWD wouldn't really make sense. I can't wait to get a car though! I get my license in less than 2 months :D

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Hang in there Kyle.Two months is nothing, just around the corner.
It is going to happen!
I only hope that after it happens you still give a wash to your parents' car.Believe me, they deserve it, as much as you deserve your expected first licence,...at the least!
Keep well!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Of course I will, I get paid to do it :p I'm really pumped to get it! I'm quite nervous about the test though!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tang said:
The Afton run looks suspiciously like the skiing area... :lol:
hahha, it is :) I've never skied there, but running up the hills in the summer is a work out! And I'll be doing the Warrior Dash there this summer. I'll be at Afton again this summer doing the hill climb again too. Good use of a ski resort in the summer, huh? ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts