Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shrug: who is Google [bot] (etc) when you view whom is online at this forum??
Seems that they visit here a lot, especially when I'm online ;)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Exactly (thanks, Pete!). Bots are automated programs that scan sites to build search engine databases (and for other things such as e-mail addresses, but I don't allow anything except the major search engine bots).

Our little site has gone from invisible to #9 in the world on Google when you search for "ford escape forum", all in only 16 weeks.

And now that I know how to "work" Google and other search engines, we'll be at #1 before I'm through.

:D

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
jpark said:
Exactly (thanks, Pete!). Bots are automated programs that scan sites to build search engine databases (and for other things such as e-mail addresses, but I don't allow anything except the major search engine bots).

Our little site has gone from invisible to #9 in the world on Google when you search for "ford escape forum", all in only 16 weeks.

And now that I know how to "work" Google and other search engines, we'll be at #1 before I'm through.

:yahoo: NUMBER 1 !!! :yahoo:

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
jpark said:

Can you tell me how you "work" a search engine, I really am curious about that.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
jpark said:

Never had any doubt about that.
:wave: :taz: :wave:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has JPark been visiting the Google HQ recently armed with a baseball bat, or a carrier bag stuffed full of used dollar bills ???? :shrug: ;)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jpark said:

Well, I'm that bored at the moment I googled myself, in the form of my username, and i'm Google hit no 8
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Google my propername, and I'm the main character on a PS3 game :shrug: :confused: :worry:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
MadMax said:
<snip> Can you tell me how you "work" a search engine, I really am curious about that.
http://www.metamend.com/things-search-e ... k-for.html

There are many different theories of what each search engine looks for (which is why they all show different results in different rankings), but that's pretty much what it's all about.

The great thing about this site is that I can constantly tinker with anything on the site that the engines look for and look at the results a few weeks later. Then I can tinker again.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
camusdarrach said:
Well, I'm that bored at the moment I googled myself, in the form of my username, and i'm Google hit no 8
Google my propername, and I'm the main character on a PS3 game :shrug: :confused: :worry:
Don't shoot yourself in the bonus round.

:shock:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jpark said:
camusdarrach said:
Don't shoot yourself in the bonus round.

:shock:
Hmm, you've sussed out my speciality ;)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Not really.

I'm speaking from experience.

:bill: :lol: :fan:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts