Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do you guys write "Wala" at the end of a sentence?

If I read this correctly, you're taking it from the french expression "Voila!" that we use at the end of a sentence. Did you just like the word and never bothered to look up how it's spelt? :p :D

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Huh? :shrug: Wha you talkin bout Willis?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen this in many threads online...And just saw it this morning on the "other" website. I just always wondered is all...Making conversation I guess! :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Spell-checking by Microsoft?

:hyst: :clap:

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Never saw it before, it could very well mean voila, like you suggested. Wala!! We figured it out!! :beer:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
I'm pretty much relaxed here and don't really worry too much if I accidentally mispell something, or don't use correct grammar. :) We are among friends. :heart:

Just my 2 cents. :)

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I'm guessing it's just text-type bastardization of the term viola!, eh?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
escape08xlt said:
I'm pretty much relaxed here and don't really worry too much if I accidentally mispell something, or don't use correct grammar. :) We are among friends. :heart:

I'm quite picky about correct spelling, and I hate "text speak". You know the stuff 'C U L8r', etc. :cuss:

And they wonder why kids are getting thicker! :tease:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
escape08xlt said:

Oh, and I completely agree...but this isnt the case of simply mispelling something, i've seen it done over and over again. It's just something funny I noticed, thought someone would have more info is all. :D I get many brain farts during the day and don't always remember how to spell the simplest of words, no biggie!!

:heart: :heart:

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
WALA is text for Wierdo And Loser Attraction.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
W-A-L
M-A...

...nahhh, nevermind.

:hyst:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Phoenix24 said:

If I read this correctly, you're taking it from the french expression "Voila!" that we use at the end of a sentence. Did you just like the word and never bothered to look up how it's spelt? :p :D
Hmmmm, Checking in as a "Mr. American", I never use the french term "Voila!"much less spell it as "wala"..... I have also never used the term, "Spelt." Especially, when I have spelled my words correctly and I have made some sort of an attempt at using proper grammar.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bilbo said:
Phoenix24 said:

Hmmmm, Checking in as a "Mr. American", I never use the french term "Voila!"much less spell it as "wala"..... I have also never used the term, "Spelt." Especially, when I have spelled my words correctly and I have made some sort of an attempt at using proper grammar.
Seriously, who gives a shit if I spelled "spelt". Someone is a little on the sensitive side, eh? :bill: I'm simply trying to get some clarification on the term being used. Read the other posts in this thread about nobody caring how words are correctly "spelt" around here. As long as you can use your brain to figure things out, it should be fairly simple for someone as edumacated as yourself. :D

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
It was my Asst. Principal's b-day yesterday and my kids made cards for him. One referenced the "cookies" he had made for our class for winning best behaved in an assembly. She wrote "Thank you for the cocky you gave me". I made sure she spelt/spelled it correctly.

Kids. They say and write the darndest things!!! :hyst: :shock: :bill: :hyst:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Ooof :doh: ... Good thing you caught that one Dasha!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts