Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 08 Escape XLT V6 FWD from my good friend for 1500, it has 95k miles, just wondering if there's anything I should be on the lookout for with preventative maintenance and common problems! Traction control light is on but that's it.. any feedback appreciated
Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle Wheel

Administrator
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4
Welcome to the City!!! We are glad you joined us!!!

As far as problems go, the 4 speed transmission is prone to a "shudder" when it shifts from 3rd to 4th. It is hard to describe in words, but you can feel it when it happens.

Premium Member
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/2009 Limited Hybrid/1978 F-250 Custom
Just bought a 08 Escape XLT V6 FWD from my good friend for 1500, it has 95k miles, just wondering if there's anything I should be on the lookout for with preventative maintenance and common problems! Traction control light is on but that's it.. any feedback appreciated View attachment 2811
Welcome to the city Pittman
Without knowing what maintenance has been done on this vehicle, I would suggest changing all fluids/filters/spark plugs鈥 Full tuneup and vehicle inspection.
If you got a owners manual with the vehicle, look at the scheduled maintenance section in the front.

traction control light could be indicating a few things, even that just the button is pushed to turn it off.
you can get an inexpensive forscan code reader to figure out what exactly is going on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts