Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Ford Maverick XLT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had bought a 2004 Ford Maverick XLT about 2-3/4 months ago.
We used to own a 2005 Skoda Fabia Station wagon 16v (owned for 4 years), the reason why it was replaced was because.
Actually a bit of a story, was a night and going home from work with family, the aircon was on at full blast on the hottest settings, the air was suddenly cold, like it was now on the coldest setting (knob was still on the hottest), we were driving then suddenly the car just starts making weird noises, on idle it suddenly sounded like a diesel engine (it was an inline 4 i think), then we stopped at a red light, one of the long ones, the car was literally breaking down and we couldnt stop the car because we knew if we stopped the engine it wouldn't start, light goes green, we go, engine stalls, (ah btw we never had any problems engine related apart from a slight coolant leak but we never worried about it), so yea magically car starts back up, with the starter sounding like it was loose, it goes and does less than a km before dying completely, we park it in a spot nearby, kind of an experience, one of my family members was steering and others were pushing, family member forgot to put the car into electrics because that unlocks the wheel, it was very hard to steer because it was in that locked state, we tried starting it, no check engine no nothing, just the battery light but that just goes off when the battery is doing something and engine doesn't start/stalls, the starter spins but it just revved up very high and was just spinning there, we left the car there and took a cab home. quite a story isn't it?
Also I need some help figuring out what engine I have on my Maverick because I never really figured it out, I think its one of the Mavericks that came with a V6, also has 4x4 if that helps. If you need a startup I will insert a video when I find it.

·
Administrator
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4
20,703 Posts
Welcome to the City!!! We are glad you joined us!!! If I had to guess, I would believe that you had the 3.0L V6 engine in your Maverick. The Gen 1 vehicles tended to have a 2.5L I-4 and a 3.0L V6.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts