Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Mazda Tribute grand touring 3.0
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Professional mechanic, bought my Tribute looking for an Escape after seeing them for years and not needing any major repairs. Good access to everything, etc. Very happy I absolutely stole this Tribute when I got it at about 40K for just under 17,000 beans. Not totally sure why, maybe because Tribute wasn't on the radar of people looking for an escape, or that Mazda owners aren't looking for a Ford... or they thought it had a trans issue. It had a weird feel when coming to a stop but it didn't feel like trans, and I found a crack in one of the ABS tone rings ($6 part from Napa at the time) which I swapped out pretty easily. Recently got some Mariner wheels for it for snow tires and had to make from scratch Mazda center caps for it (because I'm a maniac and it would drive me nuts otherwise). Doing some other slight mods. Had HID but lived in the city, now I'm in the burbs and was considering putting projectors inside the lenses but ended up with some very high quality LED bulbs from Morimoto that work perfectly in the reflector with a clean cutoff etc, and swapping out the fogged lenses and those bulbs was cheaper than doing projectors anyway. One bulb burned out (HID) and damaged a reflector.
Feel free to pick my brain, I've been a professional mechanic for going on 32 years. I'll answer if I see it!

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,647 Posts
Welcome to the City!!! We are glad you joined us!!!

Reactions: David Greene
1 - 2 of 2 Posts