Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I found my USB wire to hook up the digital camera to the computer, to all the people that ask for a photo of my Escape here it is. I didn't take photos of the inside but it is gray leather.

Over the weekend I went to get a new radio install, the installer first question are you sure you want to replace this because this stock stereo is very good I have the Mach 6 disc CD changer. He said they are usually in high end cars. I didn't think much of it, but I went anyway and replaces it with a Kenwood car radio, it had a USB port, HD radio, but the problem was after I install it I didn't relise that you have to buy additional hardware to get HD signal. Anyway the sound was crappy and it was so hard to use because everything I did I had to toggle and it was getting very annoying. So I went back the following day and had my old radio reinstall. :D The radio that came with my escape has RDS which is awesome it tells what artists and song is being played which the Kendwood did not have.

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/KDC-MP438U

It look nice and fancy with USB port, but very hard to navigate only can toggle and the sound was crappy compare to the Mach CD radio I have. I didn't have the RSD feed which I thought all radio had.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dasha said:
I likey!!
:WW
:) Typcial 2 tone colors hehehehe, but I will try to make it stand out from others around my city by installing a LED tail light soon I hope JPark can help me out, because I was unable to join the other forum I did see him there helping someone out with these LED tail lights.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Like your 'scape! Yep, jpark can help you with that for sure!

Thanks for posting pix!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nice Escape! :shades:
LED taillights would look great on your Escape. Dasha's right; JP's da man! He'll personally go to each Escape-City member's house to help with any LED upgrade, exterior and interior, if they want. All he asks in payment are DQ Blizzards. :kneel:

Just kidding about the personal visit. ():) But, he is da man, and he will help you here.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Looks good! Let the mods begin :beer:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Hey BORN FREE I am wanting to put those lights on my Escape too. Where are you ordering them from?

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
BORN FREE said:
:) Typcial 2 tone colors hehehehe
Actually you have different trim than most, yours is smooth finish while most of us have the "pebble" texture. It looks good in silver anyways, nice find!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Scooter Scott said:
Hey BORN FREE I am wanting to put those lights on my Escape too. Where are you ordering them from?
This is the site I am going to order from.
http://www.depoautolights.com/Ford/c32/ ... 396a913832

Ajax, hmm that sounds cool no wonder the installer at Best Buy said I never seen Mach 300 stereo system in Escape before and he said he has been doing this for over 6 years and worked on many Escapes. He said he usually see them in more expensive cars and asked me are you sure you want to take it out... and he was right the Kenwood sound so awful that I ended up going back the next morning to put the Mach back in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts