Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum, picked up a brand spanking new 09 Escape XLT last week (V6, 4x4) and love it to death!

Quite an upgrade from the 2000 Cavalier I used to drive!

But when the cavalier died I needed to get back to a small truck. I had an '86 Bronco-II XLT 4x4 for many years before the cavalier and the Escape is the closest Ford makes to the old Bronco-II. Not quite as tough (Bronco-II was a truck with a frame), but SOOOO much smoother and more comfortable! And the V6 on the Escape is a bomb compared to the old 2.9L on the bronco!

Here is a pic of my baby:

Pat

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks!

It definetly is a fun ride, I barely have 600km on it so I'm still being nice to the motor and tranny. Once I get passed 1000km I'll open her up a bit.

My only complaint up to now is that I had a loose bolt on the front right stabiliser link where it attaches to the torsion bar. I had to tighten the bolt as it "clunked" when hitting bumps. Otherwise all is fine.

The truck is an XLT model so it pretty well has everything I wanted. The only thing I'll add is a sub to give the stock stereo a bit more bottom oomph. The stock stereo is plenty loud for me, I have very sensitive hearing and don't like music too loud.

The other thing I'll need to do will be getting an oil anti-rust treatment before winter as I park in a heated indoor garage (that rusts an untreated car big time!)

Pat

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
WOW!

Saying Bronco II and Escape all in one sentence... :shock:

I wouldn't do that if I were you. :tease: :lightning:

Welcome to the site! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.