Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and new to the Ford Escape, but not new to the car scene. Family signed for a 2010 EscapeXLT V6 and 4WD with SAP this past weekend. I'm already looking at mods for it. The first thing I'd like to do is install a HID Kit onto the truck, however I know I need to deal with DRLs since I'm Canada. Does anybody have a walkthrough guide or can point me in the right direction? I probably need an antiflicker harness.

Rob.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been googling around to see if other owners have dealt with an HID. Seems like there are two solutions for Canadian models that have DRL (2009 to 2010).

-Buy a 9008/H13 BiXenon Kit (HID low/Halogen high). This means, when the car is in DRL mode, the halogen bulb will light up. When you need to use highbeams, the halogen bulb will flash as well. HID bulb will run on low beam as usual.

-Buy a single beam HID kit and use it with a Antiflicker harness. This means the HIDs will be on 24/7 in DRL and regular low beam mode. You will lose the ability to flash and use highbeams.

-Buy a mechnical bulb and use it with a Antiflicker harness. This means the HIDs will be on 24/7 in DRL and regular low beam mode. You will be able to flash and use high beams due to the mechnical operation of sheild over the HID bulb.

·
Registered
200 Posts
None of those seem apealing...

How about wiring your fogs as DRLs (or even marker lights)?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I bet we can figure it out. (once I get my Escape)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts