Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals I need some info I have the h11 bulbs for my low beams ans bought a set of piaa extreme white 110 watt bulbs on march 8th and one died yesterday so i took them back and got my $125.00 back The lights were realy great though for the short time i had them lol but i want to go to hid like so many have done, but i dont know wich kit to buy from fleebay I have the daytime running lights wich keep my low beams (h11) on half power, so will a hid kit work for me as i still want and need my drl to function as they should, any hints,comments solutions or advice at all will be greatly appreciated before i try to make a purchase thankyou

[mod]Moved to Electrical Mods[/mod]

·
Registered
679 Posts
if u are in canada i can send u a link or email of ther person i bought mine from and it is guarennted to work woth drl.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry about posting in wrong forum :( and yes iam from canada and please send me any info you can thanx so very much

·
Registered
679 Posts
where are u located? are your drl on low beam or high?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
iam located in yorkton saskatchewan, canada and low beams run the drl wich I hear may cause a problem thanx for your help

·
Registered
679 Posts
this kit comes with a antflicker device which works no probs with drl, i believe the kit is 200$ shipped? I have one with the 6000k which i recomend and boy o boy the road lights up! let me know the guy takes paypal and can give u all the info. 2yr warranty

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes please hook me up with the guy as i would like to chat with him, is he from canada as well? send me any info you have and i will follow up your great info thanx D.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Please PM me as well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pm's and email sent ... thanx guys for the great help. Iam very lucky I ran across this site!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Who ever is interested in a kit please let me know, and i will give u the info. He also ships to US

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
andjayik can you tell me are your 6000k very blue? as i didnt want a bulb that puts out a very blue color i was leaning towards a 4300k but your man says that the 6000k are perfect, but can you tellme if your are a very strong blue or not ? and i want these suckers to be bright lol thanx looks like i will be ordering a set oh h11 hid kits from him but please let me know on the blue issue iam haveing thanx D.

·
Registered
679 Posts
slight hint of blue very bright white. U wont be dissapointed. Also just look up 6000k on the net and it will show u the colours. No more annoying yellowish headlights baby!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats what iam looking for !!done deal I will be paypal your guy later tonight I look at it this way i spent $125.00 on a set of piaa h11 that lasted me all of 8 days and i was happy with them before one burnt so all iam adding on is $75.00 for something that I hope should be a big difference, I will post back when they are in and i have them installed and will maybe even take a pic or two! D.

·
Registered
679 Posts
easy to install and will blow the piaa away!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well got my hid kits today took about 1.5 hours to install on my 05 escape, the wireing was very simple, just plug and play , the longest part was modding the backs of the headlight covers cause the new bulbs are straight out and not at a 90 degree angle, so i had to use my die grinder to make a hole so the back of the bulb and abit of wire could stick out about 1/2 inch or abit more, than i just made a encloser over the hole and sealed it with plumbers dope so it is weather tight! then routing the ballists and relay etc. took abit of time as i wanted it to look as factory as possable. here is a pic ive attatched of the hids on, its kinda taken from an angle so it appears that the left side is brighter but in fact they are both super bright,I cant wait till tonight to see what they are truly like on the street etc. my kit was a 6000k 35 watt, and have my daytime running lights still working, and no flickering whatsoever, just a steady brilliant light, please dont look at my messy shop! lol,... Dino

cant seem to fiqure out how to attach a pic??

·
Registered
679 Posts
U won't want to come in from the dark cause they are awsome at night!! U need a image hosting company to post pictures. Send me a pm and I will give u my email addy to see the pics?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thankyou Colleen for that, now i can post pics of evverything i do...well not everything lol i will get the pic of my truck with the hids on it after supper, today is my bday so wife is takeing me out for supper!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Happy b day!! The hid kit arrived on time as a present!! :beer: :beer:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts