Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

i curently have a set of HID's in my headlights and they work great. however i ordered a set of H10's for the fog lights, and from 2 different manufacturers they keep sending me 9005 bulbs saying they are the same fit. well they are NOT the same fit and take alot of pursuasion and modifications before it will even come close to going in. however even then it is not in properly, and the bulbs blow in weeks. ive now gone through 3 HID bulbs on the passenger side housing and im starting to get really ticked off. do they not make H10 HID bulbs?? every HID seller i find shows 9005 bulbs as H10 bulbs. both kits i ordered i specifically said H10. one box i was sent says H10 and the other says 9005 and they are the same bulb lol?

thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
from what i hear is that they are not identical they have a slightly different prong and the focal length in different, but they will interchange with abit of muscle Dino

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay ive tried searching everywhere. some people are telling me order the 9145 kit, some the 9005 kit (saying it fits, but ive already tried two kits with no luck)

ive searched all over google and i finally found what looks to be the bulb im looking for (the H10 bulb) but i cant find anywhere to order it that ships to canada with decent prices.. heres the link to the H10 bulb:
http://www.hid-lamp.com/UserFiles/Image/05233443778.jpg

every ebay user trys to sell me the 9005 bulb which isnt the same, and i have yet to find one of these H10 bulbs on ebay.. anyone have any ideas of what i can do?

·
Registered
679 Posts
i'm asking my supplier will get back. :beer:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah ive given up with ebay. the bad part is ebay and craigslist supliers all say they have h10 bulbs but i have no way of knowing if they are just giving 9005 bulbs as h10's like the two different ebay supliers ive tried.

thanks andjayik

im also looking for local HID shops where i can go physically look at the bulb before buying it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i may have something for u hang on. :beer: i may have h10 fog lights.

·
Registered
679 Posts
where are u from?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts