Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had HID lights put in a couple of months ago. Long story short I think they are aimed too high, as I am illuminating signs 5 blocks away and the output on each side seems to be illuminating too wide. I tried adjusting the headlights down, but didnt seem to do anything.

Anyone with HID lights have this issue? Getting oil change soon, may mention it to the service dept, but dont know how they feel about me installing hid lights and if they can adjust them?? :shrug:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
My service advisor had a tech align my headlights to be even (but didn't lower them) when I told him I was thinking about putting HIDs in... even though they were kinda off, he managed to get it put under a warranty thing (I was having other things done too but he tends to go out of his way to make things go under the warranty). I'd imagine they wouldn't be too upset if you told them that you wanted them lowered... depends on your tech/advisor. Maybe they'll just do it for free to your liking?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Do other drivers flash their high beams at you when your lows are on? That kept happening to me in my old Altima on dark roads until I had them readjusted a bit.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not had anyone flash me yet, HID seems to be pretty popular around the nyc region, so I guess everyone is used to the extra light they put off. I will ask my service advisor when I bring the truck in.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts