Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Ford escape and plan on getting HID lights. I just need information on what kind to get. Im looking at 6000k but dont know a good price to pay or how to install them. Is the install any different from replacing a bulb? Im sure it cant be that hard to install. Any information would be great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in the same boat with my 2010. Look up for the thread I started in the Electrical Mods section where I outline the options I have discovered so far.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Jeff M said:
I would stick to 5k myself, but if you want that super blue look go with 6k.
I know some kits vary, but I have 6000k on my escape and it is only slightly blue, a really noticable blue would be 8000k and up then it turns to purple.
5000k like you said would be pure white.
You can click on the link to my cardomain page on the bottom of my signature, and theres a video of my lights, but they look a lot more blue because I did not set the white balance of my camera.

A member on here, Andjayik, is advertising kits for his friend, I got my kit through him, and it was 200$ for the kit.

The kit I got is a bi-xenon kit with the DRL anti flicker device, it is a single bulb per light for high and low beam, the bulb actually moves (or something around it) and it was really easy to install. The only bad thing is that the high beam light on the dash doesnt work anymore since the install.

As for the 2010, thats 2 bulbs per light correct? anyways I am not sure what bulb size that is either, but you would either replace your low beams or your high beams with 1 kit, or if you wanted to have high and low beams as HID, you would have to buy 2 kits ( 4 bulbs 4 ballasts ). Fog lights would be a separate kit as well. EDIT: it appears that new escapes only have 1 bulb per light, so you would only require 1 kit. or 2 if you were to have hid fogs aswell.

The install is pretty simple, theres a few long wires you need to hide and then the ballasts I just zip tied them to the bar under the hood that has all the warnings and stuff on it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
the bulbs would be h13 and u want bi-xenon and that will keep ur hi beams. My friend sells them with a lifetime warranty on the ballasts and bulbs i think. 6000k is a nice very bright white light.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think I'm going to go with the bixenon (HID/Halogen) set up. I prefer to keep my DRLs intact and since they run on the high beam bulb, I should still have that functionality. Truck is coming in a month, I'll post a follow up.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
andjayik said:
the bulbs would be h13 and u want bi-xenon and that will keep ur hi beams. My friend sells them with a lifetime warranty on the ballasts and bulbs i think. 6000k is a nice very bright white light.
Does he have them for the Mercury Mariner 07. Where can I get them from?

·
Registered
138 Posts
RedRaptor said:
I think I'm going to go with the bixenon (HID/Halogen) set up. I prefer to keep my DRLs intact and since they run on the high beam bulb, I should still have that functionality. Truck is coming in a month, I'll post a follow up.
My setup is bi-xenon and it doesnt have both hid and a halogen light... Its 1 bulb that has a moving part, so high and low beams are both HID.. and I am in canada with DRL still also...

·
Registered
679 Posts
i believe for a 07 it is H11 for low beam and H7 for hi, also u may want to check with us laws as well? U would need it for the low beams

1 - 9 of 9 Posts