Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have cancelled my turbo diesel hilux project. Basically it has been disregarded because of circumstances. The situation is related to world economy and the bank crisis. Do not want to trade in on a new car, and then be retrenched and stuck with a bank loan.

This may sound paranoid, but i would rather not take the risk. Friends have advised me to bide my time. They told me to be prudent, and wait until next year to see how the economy and bank dilemma progresses. So for the time being my " Little Miss Petite" SR5 Hilux has been given last priority. :cry: To be on the safe side, i will keep " My Darling Little Tonka" for how ever long, it takes for the present economy crisis to stabilise. :)

Must admit that my timing was not opportune. Thought i was almost there but not quite. Can respect that having to be patient has its reasons.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Can't speak about the Aussie economy. But here in the states, your thinking 3,5 or even 7 years down the road. And that's only my opinion. I'll leave that too the so-called Experts.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Sounds like you're thinking with your brain instead of your heart, which can be a very good thing! :thumb:
I'm sure Little Miss Petite will understand and will wait patiently for your return. :beer:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Dasha said:
Sounds like you're thinking with your brain instead of your heart, which can be a very good thing! :thumb:
I'm sure Little Miss Petite will understand and will wait patiently for your return. :beer:
Well said Dasha.

The reason I made my purchase was I just couldn't turn down the offer I got. I got my new vehicle for about 25% off MSRP!!!! :woohoo:

I can't help it that my purchase caused the credit crisis!!!!! :hyst: :lol: :hyst: Timing is everything now isn't it. :roll:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Of all the new trucks that have come and gone, I am still satisfied with my 94. It has been paid for a long time ago, and likely to stay that way. I am in no way enticed by the shiny new trucks out there. Actually, the 94 F-150 is still shiny! I wouldn't miss the Toyota Hilux for a nanosecond were I you...

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply everyone. You are correct Dasha, that sometimes it is better to use the brain before the heart. :)

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I say nice call Stone. The Escape is still a very good reliable peice of machinery...don't let this get you down at all bud.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts