Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just got my Escape, 2009 XLT V6 Auto, 4X2. I am in Canada and am onlt getting about 400KM per TANK in the city (i dont rev and always under 2-3ooo rpm)

Its a 62.5Liter Tank. Is this normal!? :confused:

·
Registered
679 Posts
yep. I get around 470 in summer and right now any where from 380-440 cold temps really knock down the mileage i guess.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Richmond? 400Km in all Vancouver/Richmond traffic doesn't sound out of line. You're putting ~50L in at a time correct? I'll get ~460kms per 50-52L.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still on my first tank lol, I will post more later. I am from FILL top up to 1/2 tank = 205KM ....

I am praying it gets better with more Km's :)

BUT its SO FAST!!!! lol It feels like 0-100km like 6.5sec :) what does the manufactier say about 0-100?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I read a review a few years ago where somebody stated it took 10 sec to go from 0 to 60 MPH and I thought , that has to be incorrect with either engine..

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I find that if I do short trips and the engine doesn't get a chance to warm up fully, the mileage is terrible ~400kms/tank. On longer trips I can still get 550-600 kms from a full tank.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you are driving in the city a lot, you will get less mileage because of the constant stop and go at stoplights, stop signs and because of the short distances required to reach the destination. Also, if your vehicle is brand new the mileage is less because the computer is still learning your driving style so the engine runs a tad rich.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
From what I've seen, the fuel usage can vary drastically from one Escape to another. Some people with V6's report as low as 12 mpg (5.2 km/l) while other report 24-27 mpg (10-11.5 km/l). Unfortunately, I'm on the lower end of that scale.

With my 2002 V6 Escape, I drive 90%+ city. My last tank was all stop and go around town with short trips around 15 min each. I filled up at 144.3 miles (241 km) and put 10.949 gal (41.446 liters) into the tank. That comes to 13.18 mpg or 5.81 km/l. My mileage is absolutely abysmal in the winter. On a mostly highway trip, I can improve to about 18 mpg or 7.6 km/l. When I first got the car, I admit, I wasn't easy on it but I didn't thrash it either. Now I tend to drive in a much more relaxed fashion. It doesn't help much. As a side note, I lost 2 mpg on average when I replaced my tires 3 years ago with Goodyear Fortera's (Silent Armor, not Triple Tread). When I first got my Escape, I averaged around 18 mpg (7.6 km/l) now I'm closer to 15 mpg (6.4 km/l) overall...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Crazyloch said:
Still on my first tank lol, I will post more later. I am from FILL top up to 1/2 tank = 205KM ....

I am praying it gets better with more Km's :)

BUT its SO FAST!!!! lol It feels like 0-100km like 6.5sec :) what does the manufactier say about 0-100?
Oh crap, don't worry about mileage until you've gone > 10,000Kms. Also, I don't think the gas gauge is linear so it may scoot a bit faster in the upper portion

·
Registered
278 Posts
Our 2010 V6 has 1200km and I have been getting about 450km per tank and this is with the THULE on the roof. My on boeard computer is now at 12litre per 100/km.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the heads up, I will keep monitoring the fuel :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
they are right saying that because the car is brand new, parts have to wear a little to get full economy on the fuel...

first tanks got me 325 km and now i'm at 1700 km, milleage start to go up a little... approaching 400 km per 50 litre of fuel.

Most people tell that you have to wait 8000 to 10000 km to see what you get really on fuel economy...

oh and i'm 4wd so it drink a little more fuel than 2wd...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK I traded it BACK in LOL

So WAS a 2009 Escape XLT in Sangria RED, V6 AUTO .... Now......... Arriving Friday.... 2010 Escape XLT in BLACK I4 AUTO :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Crazyloch said:
OK I traded it BACK in LOL

So WAS a 2009 Escape XLT in Sangria RED, V6 AUTO .... Now......... Arriving Friday.... 2010 Escape XLT in BLACK I4 AUTO :D
Seriously? Was there something other than one or two tanks of gas that spurred the decision?

·
Registered
679 Posts
u wont like the power differance??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its OK, the new I4 is 171HP, and pulls ok, YES it does not pull like V6, and 2 tanks..... Also Wife freaking out (she wanted hybrid)

So to make her happy ( and me, keep my sanity.. I mean has any other brother here ever go to sleep next to an unhappy wife!? Its like sleeping next to CUJO!)

Its OK, I got the Black which looks better and got some extra toys :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
:beer:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts