Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·


Seen this in Bowling Green today. I'm trying to figure out what is going on.

#1 The Escape just owned that BMW and the owner volunteered it to carry the red tail lights so it could be taken to it's final resting place (it's pulling into a junkyard.)

#2 Now when I stop in there wanting Escape parts, they might be able to help me (I went there once before and got turned away.)

#3 It's going to be for sale soon and is just being moved.

#4 ????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,506 Posts
Looks like you've parts to scrounge. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
if that escape is 4x4(awd) then they shouldnt b towing it. i read in my owners manual that they should only b put on a flatbed
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,656 Posts
I had my Escape towed on a flatbed when the key I had decided to go bad... so that must be a seriously-base XLS Escape (the wheels and lack of privacy windows suggest so). Looks like two separate stories too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
700 Posts
mr hammond said:
if that escape is 4x4(awd) then they shouldnt b towing it. i read in my owners manual that they should only b put on a flatbed
The wheels look like an XLS model, so I'm going to assume (you know what assuming gets you...) that it is only a FWD.

Looks like you got a spare parts car now Air!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,080 Posts
Airmapper said:


Seen this in Bowling Green today. I'm trying to figure out what is going on.

#1 The Escape just owned that BMW and the owner volunteered it to carry the red tail lights so it could be taken to it's final resting place (it's pulling into a junkyard.)

#2 Now when I stop in there wanting Escape parts, they might be able to help me (I went there once before and got turned away.)

#3 It's going to be for sale soon and is just being moved.

#4 ????
A threesome?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ISU01XCapeXLT said:
mr hammond said:
if that escape is 4x4(awd) then they shouldnt b towing it. i read in my owners manual that they should only b put on a flatbed
The wheels look like an XLS model, so I'm going to assume (you know what assuming gets you...) that it is only a FWD.

Looks like you got a spare parts car now Air!
I agree, it has to be a FWD only. Not necessarily related to it being an XLS though, mine is 4WD. I have towed my Escape with 2 wheels on the ground, and the other set does spin, I know you are not supposed to tow them like that, but the wrecker service in town did not have a flatbed tow truck, so he rigged it up with the front end to the pavement and the rears free-wheeling up in the air and carted it the short trip home. If that Escape was 4WD I'd take a guess that the rear axle would be somewhere left behind. :lol:

It has wheels identical to mine, oh what I wouldn't have given the time I needed one really bad after warping a rim, and had to order it new online cause the local junkyards couldn't find one. :bang:

I looked for it today but it wasn't visible from the road, maybe it was carted back into the yard. I need parts for my other truck so I may stop in there one day. Sad thing is now I have an idea where a parts Escape is, I don't need anything! :doh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
yep, if a person needed parts thats a perfect chance to get them. would b nice to look it over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Have you gone over to the yard to look at the Purgitory Escape yet? If the pickings are good you should get the expensive stuff [Headlights / Tail Lights / Mirrors] before they are gone for good. If you never need them, there is always demand for take-off replacement parts on eBAY.

Looks like a decent vehicle.. Which also makes you wonder if the Escape was just on its way to the shop and took a trip to the scrap yard for that BMW?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top