Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's a hockey fan?

My team(s) are both out this year (Sabres and Lightning). :cuss: :wall: :cuss: :censor: :cuss: :wall: :cuss:

Who do you like?

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Well we have the Panthers down here. They are either hot or cold but never in between :)

I'll tell you everytime I get stationed in Canada for a few weeks the local team is usually in the playoffs for the "cup". Nothing funner than watching Canadians watch their sport!!! The whole family comes out.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Does Indianapolis have a hockey team? I dont think so lol

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
(Ahem...Indianapolis' Indiana Ice were the East Coast champs in the USHL this year)

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Really? Wow...lol guess you can see that we really do pride on our college basketball and football lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've more or less got the Buffalo Sabres tattoo'd on my DNA. Been a fan for 20 years and don't ever see that changing.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:yahoo:

The Lightning is my nearly-adopted team for my nearly-adopted town near my other nearly-adopted town.

:bill:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
I agree with Wingsfan. Go Detroit Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :wave: :wave:

I only happen to live about 830 miles South of Hockeytown. :shades:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Hockey!!!!!! :shrug:
Whats wrong with rugby ( Both league and union), sport where blood is shed by the players at each match?

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
I like to watch rugby as well. However, it is only watched by only about 30 Americans I think.

Of course, you were talking about blood?!?!?!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
We have the Austin Ice Bats. I went to one game and was so bored. :boring: Too bad a fight didn't break out to make it more interesting! ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm a Sen's fan having watched Shaefer and Redden play as juniors but this year has been tough to watch :wall:

·
Registered
277 Posts
We in the Great White North typically have only a passing interest in the game... our sport energy is really focussed on five-pin bowling.
:thumb:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_pin_bowling

P.S. -- today's IIHF (International Ice Hockey Federation) World Championship tournament featured a meeting between Canada and the United States of America. Final score -- the Canucks = 5, Uncle Sam = 4. Better luck next time lads.

:yahoo:

·
Registered
277 Posts
cbramsey said:
I like to watch rugby as well. However, it is only watched by only about 30 Americans I think.
Rugby is big in British Columbia. Back in the 1970s my high school couldn't get enough bodies to field a football team, but they had twice as many people as needed for the rugby squad.
:woohoo:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Being from Ottawa I'm a huge Sens fan...Of course, they didnt do too well in the playoffs this year... :(
I then cheered for the Canadiens but they just got knocked out. So no more Canadian teams in the playoffs means I dont really care anymore who wins :hyst: I'll probably watch the Stanley cup finals but that's about it.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wanted the Sabres to make the playoffs. :cuss:
I wanted the Lightning to make the playoffs. :cuss:
I wanted the Caps to beat the Flyers. :cuss:
I wanted the Canadiens to beat the Flyers. :cuss:

So far, I'm batting .000, so I got sent down to the minors.

:bag:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
cbramsey said:

Of course, you were talking about blood?!?!?!

At work, we provide the team, and supporters coaches for Leeds Rhinos, Ilkley, Otley, Leeds Carnegie, and for the Australian rugby teams when they visit the UK.
We also get to watch the games for free :yahoo:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts