Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say thank you for the calibre of TV shows you're sending over recently.

My Wife and I are currently caught up in the serial killer/forensic world of 'Dexter'. We're living vicariously as spys through 'Chuck', and even (Although to a lesser extent) finding out what it'd be like to be in thrall with the devil in 'Reaper'. (Admittedly, we're still not sure what to make of 'Pushing up Daisies' :shrug: :wacko: )

What's more 'Heroes', 'My Name is Earl' and 'CSI' are all back for new series.

Most of British TV sucks. I mean. 'Emmerdale'? ( ;) )

Long may this one-sided transaction continue. :clap: :clap: :clap: :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
I agree, as my wife likes House, NCIS, the 3 CSI's, Dirt, and Pushing up Dasies.
As for Emmerdale, yes, I work on that filming, I also work on the Heartbeat set, the majority of the production staff, and artists (They get offended if you call them actors, poor luvvees!!) don't watch the programs they work on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
Big Chris said:
Most of British TV sucks. I mean. 'Emmerdale'? ( ;) )
)
Hmm I dunno Chris, The Bill is pretty good :lol:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,901 Posts
I agree, Big Chris, American TV sucks, but until YOU send us TV like Faulty Towers, Benny Hill, Monty Python and even the occasional Absolutely Fabulous...You get what you get.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,345 Posts
:lol:

I'm really into "Dexter" too!! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
MadMax said:
I agree, Big Chris, American TV sucks, but until YOU send us TV like Faulty Towers, Benny Hill, Monty Python and even the occasional Absolutely Fabulous...You get what you get.
Benny Hill, gosh, thats going back a bit.
He died at his late mothers house, all alone after ITV dropped his show, as it was deemed to be politically incorrect.
A sad end for such an underrated man.
Ab Fab is a good laugh though, but good quality British tv is rare, however, have you seen "The League of Gentlemen", I think that is great, growing up in a small town, I can relate to a lot of the humour!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
Whilst we are sort of on topic, why does the CSI programmes have theme music done by The Who, a great British group that I saw playing live, at Roundhay Park, Leeds, many years ago, was an absolutely fantastic night, that. :yahoo:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
camusdarrach said:
Whilst we are sort of on topic, why does the CSI programmes have theme music done by The Who, a great British group that I saw playing live, at Roundhay Park, Leeds, many years ago, was an absolutely fantastic night, that. :yahoo:
I think it was originally because 'Who are you?' relates to finding out information about dead folk and/or finding out who has carried out the murders. I think the others used it because it ties the different versions together.

That's my guess anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
camusdarrach said:
MadMax said:
I agree, Big Chris, American TV sucks, but until YOU send us TV like Faulty Towers, Benny Hill, Monty Python and even the occasional Absolutely Fabulous...You get what you get.
Benny Hill, gosh, thats going back a bit.
He died at his late mothers house, all alone after ITV dropped his show, as it was deemed to be politically incorrect.
A sad end for such an underrated man.
Ab Fab is a good laugh though, but good quality British tv is rare, however, have you seen "The League of Gentlemen", I think that is great, growing up in a small town, I can relate to a lot of the humour!!
Benny Hill was a bit creepy though, wasn't he? :worry:

League of Gentlemen is great, but like 'The Mighty Boosh', it's excellence has dwindled with each new series.

For a Scots lad, please tell me you watch 'Still Game'. That show cracks me up!! :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
Big Chris said:
camusdarrach said:
Whilst we are sort of on topic, why does the CSI programmes have theme music done by The Who, a great British group that I saw playing live, at Roundhay Park, Leeds, many years ago, was an absolutely fantastic night, that. :yahoo:
I think it was originally because 'Who are you?' relates to finding out information about dead folk and/or finding out who has carried out the murders. I think the others used it because it ties the different versions together.

That's my guess anyway.
I would hazard a "guess" that you have far better insight than a guess on this.

Most American TV shows try to tie in theme music with the program. Not that they get it right, just that they try to... :wall:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
I'm guessing that you're referring to Grey's Anatomy.

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jpark said:
I'm guessing that you're referring to Grey's Anatomy.

:D
Well. There are so many of these damn forensic shows it's hard to keep up.

*But I do like 'Bones', 'cos I think Emily Deschanel is kinda cute. :heart: :heart: :heart:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
+1 for Emily.

An yeah, forensics is the latest fad. We had a couple back in the seventies with Quincey, M.D. and another one that was forgetable. And surprise! I forgot what the title was. :yes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
Big Chris said:
camusdarrach said:
MadMax said:
I agree, Big Chris, American TV sucks, but until YOU send us TV like Faulty Towers, Benny Hill, Monty Python and even the occasional Absolutely Fabulous...You get what you get.
Benny Hill, gosh, thats going back a bit.
He died at his late mothers house, all alone after ITV dropped his show, as it was deemed to be politically incorrect.
A sad end for such an underrated man.
Ab Fab is a good laugh though, but good quality British tv is rare, however, have you seen "The League of Gentlemen", I think that is great, growing up in a small town, I can relate to a lot of the humour!!
Benny Hill was a bit creepy though, wasn't he? :worry:

League of Gentlemen is great, but like 'The Mighty Boosh', it's excellence has dwindled with each new series.

For a Scots lad, please tell me you watch 'Still Game'. That show cracks me up!! :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:
Hmm, Benny Hill was a little bit creepy, Jimmy Saville could fall into the same catagory.
Have never seen "Still game", I'm afraid, and I must agree with your comments on "League of gentlemen"

Still, what about that great tv show from yesteryear, M*A*S*H, I have all the episodes on videotape, how sad is that!!! :shrug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts
I have all of the I Love Lucy programs on DVDs. I had the complete set on VHS, but donated them to a nursing home when the DVDs became available.

Also have most of the Andy Griffith Show from the black and white era, a large collection of Three Stooges, too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
camusdarrach said:
Big Chris said:
camusdarrach said:
Benny Hill, gosh, thats going back a bit.
He died at his late mothers house, all alone after ITV dropped his show, as it was deemed to be politically incorrect.
A sad end for such an underrated man.
Ab Fab is a good laugh though, but good quality British tv is rare, however, have you seen "The League of Gentlemen", I think that is great, growing up in a small town, I can relate to a lot of the humour!!
Benny Hill was a bit creepy though, wasn't he? :worry:

League of Gentlemen is great, but like 'The Mighty Boosh', it's excellence has dwindled with each new series.

For a Scots lad, please tell me you watch 'Still Game'. That show cracks me up!! :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:
Hmm, Benny Hill was a little bit creepy, Jimmy Saville could fall into the same catagory.
Have never seen "Still game", I'm afraid, and I must agree with your comments on "League of gentlemen"

Still, what about that great tv show from yesteryear, M*A*S*H, I have all the episodes on videotape, how sad is that!!! :shrug:
I have all 57 episodes of 'The Professionals' on DVD & VHS! I bought the VHS stuff years ago and then upgraded to DVD, but nobody wants the VHSs anymore. They're too good to throw away, so they're in a box in the garage at the moment. I love old 70s/80s TV. I have all the series of 'Porridge' on DVD, & 'Open all Hours' And I have the first 7 series of Magnum P.I! :bag: (The 8th and final series is released next month I believe)


Here's a "wee" clip of Still game for you.


And another one.

:hyst: :hyst:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
I have all nine seasons of the X-Files, all six (5.5?) seasons of The Sopranos, and the entire series of both Monty Python and Keeping Up Appearances on DVD.

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Of course I forgot all 4 series of 'Futurama'. The first 10 series of 'The Simpsons' (I will get the rest but they're really dragging their feet over releasing subsequent series over here). All 4 series of 'Blackadder'. Various 'South Park' (more my Wife's thing than mine)

And I was gonna order the complete 'Due South' earlier, but I wanna keep an eye on my funds until Torrie gives me a definitive NO on an XCAL. :worry:
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top