Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I'm a newbie to the forum and the Escape.

Just bought a 2008 XLT V6 AWD a few days ago. Hope to take delivery tomorrow!

It's going to be gorgeous. It's light Sage, Black leather interior, sunroof, and comes with some sort of LED lighting package for the interior which I have yet to see.

Anyway, to my question. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the chrome rims from the dealership so I'll have the regular 16" rims.

When I go to buy aftermarket rims what's the largest size I can put on without hitting the wheelwell everytime I turn?

20", 22".....24".

by the way, I'd like to get deep dish chrome rims if anyone has any suggestions on a style/brand.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello irish80ca. :) Not sure what the rim size limit is for an escape. Congratulations on the new vehicle.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase!! We need pics!! It all depends on what you are wanting to use your Escape for...will you being doing any offroading? The biggest I've seen so far is 22"...I don't think 24" will fit but I could be wrong...

·
Registered
231 Posts
22" with some rubber band tires will work, i went with 20s and some nice thick tires. the ride is still awesome and smooth like the factory wheels. as far as deep dish rims, check out the Bomber by Dub. it's got about a 9" lip. its the biggest lip on a wheel i've ever had the pleasure of selling. I'm no dictionary of rims, but I look through rim books all day long and get updates from manufacturers of rims weekly. so far its the biggest lip i've seen. one down side, is they dont balance like a normal rim. you'll need to find a shop with a specific type of high speed balancer.. i forget what its called, but if you call MHTwheels, they'll be able to tell you.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i got some 22s on mine with 255-30 series tires and i have room.. if you want 22s go with some 265-35 series and you will be fine.. and larger tires than that and you may have some rub... 24s would probably go on the back with the skinniest tire made but when you put em on the front it would require some moding because u would have some rub

·
Registered
321 Posts
jshak07 said:
24s would probably go on the back with the skinniest tire made but when you put em on the front it would require some moding because u would have some rub
Or if you have front wheel drive, you could stagger them and put 22's in the front and 24's in the back. That would look sickk like below..

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
That actually doesn't look too bad Shimy!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'd still like to see it.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
It would be different! No one has it thus yet...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. 22's it is!

Weezy, those Bombers are hot! Thanks for the suggestion. Although at almost $1K (rubber inc.) each I might have to only have them on the drivers side, lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts