Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:shock:

I want to know how the car didn't end up flipping over or getting run over.

The driver of the car is pretty lucky!

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Wow! The driver of the semi didn't know it or feel the impact? JP is right. Why didn't that car flip over?

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
I bet there was more then just adrenaline going.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What makes it even worse, is the fact that the artic lorry isn't even braking, yet the Renault Clio quite clearly is...

Could have ben a lot worse, esp as the lorry is carrying chemicals, and weighs approx 40X more than the Clio..

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
--A similar thing happened to a friend of ours, Charlie, who had one of those small low mini British Sport convertibles back in the 60's.
He had stopped at a red light and a big rig was behind him. It was a long light and
When the light turned green, evidently the rig's driver forgot that a car was in front of him, couldn't see him and started up on the green. He pushed him through the intersection, while Charlie laid on the horn as did other motorists.
Needless to say, Charlie got rid of it. So much for having a cool car.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I'll bet those folks had to change their pants when the ride was over. It is unreal that the four tires didn't go flat and then the car rolled. :angel:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I didn't think about the pants.

Ew.

:bill:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,649 Posts
Incredible footage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well spotted :thumb:

Overtook one of their lorries on the motorway today, like most other motorists, I gave it a wide berth :lol:

Now, to be fair to the lorry driver, I have driven that particular type of lorry, a DAF 95 superspace cab, and can vouch that where the car was in the film, you just wouldn't see it from the drivers position....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts