Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting an unusual amount of snow on Vancouver Island and am wondering How does the ford escape xls 2wd handle in the snow. Theres a good couple inches here and am wondering whether it would be worth changing my insurance onto the escape. Currently i have insurance on the Bmw but am just leaving it parked while the snow is here. Let me know hwo she handles in 2wd all season tires

·
Registered
197 Posts
My 2wd XLT V6 handled this pretty well. Virginia Beach, VA isn't really known for being ready for snow so the plows came out AFTER I got to work. All in all, I just aired down a little with only all season radials and it did great. After all was said and done, I think we got in the neighborhood of 4-6".

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I think this about sums it up.

Any front wheel drive vehicle will do well in the snow, the weight is over the wheels. Four wheel drive helps a lot, but on roads it will be more of an issue of the tires you have.

·
Registered
467 Posts
awd is very helpful at low speed when indeep snow or going uphill, after that, system transfer power to the front wheel. What is helpful even in 2wd mode is that the escape is high over the road.

·
Registered
443 Posts
FWD rocks. With my RWD you have to be careful but we got 4 inches yesterday. And I had Escapes and Subaru's were passing me up and down the hill. Time for me to upgrade to an Escape.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Dust4 as posted air down, I guess if we have ice already your going to have ice. I air down to 10lbs in the snow but even airing down on the ice doesn't do alot becareful out there. We are getting 30 to 40 mph winds right now and our power is on and off, so I'd imagine you are too. Good luck tomorrow!!!!!!!! :doh: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 02. 2wd with a 5 speed. Last winter jersey got hammered with snow. My scape did ok I have all season tires and really wished I had snows. Lots of spinning the biggest issue I had was getting through the snow piles left behind by plows. In one case I was left shoveling it out to get out of a driveway

1 - 9 of 9 Posts