Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hinges of our Ford Territory failed whilst under warranty resulting in damage to the tailgate.
On inspection of the repairs I have found broken lugs that were repaired with silicon and damaged paint work not repaired.
Complaints to the dealer and the Ford Customer Relations Centre have only resulted in numerous claims that the:
• Part is not broken
• The silicon is normal
• The screws were bottoming out causing the trim to be loose
• Accusing me of slamming the tailgate (and causing the failure)
• Accusing me of fitting non standard rubber stops (which I know I did not fit) - then voiding my warranty (for the paint damage to have occurred at the Lower Lug, these stops would need to have disintegrated to allow the panels to hit and cause the paint damage after the stops were fitted.

After 24 years of only owning Ford vehicles, I doubt I will ever buy a Ford again.

Here are the repairs

And for comparison here is the undamaged lug

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Latan.
My dealership have not, seen me for close on three years.
Unfortunately they became too corporate.
Their attitude is ' take it or leave it ', plus ' plenty of other fish '.

It is a small world in my country region.
The dealership have lost customers, but they just don't care.
I am at a different workshop these days.
My current service tech, has the ' above and beyond the call of duty ', approach to his job.
He also shows the same respect to customers.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Remember that the dealership is not owned by Ford and does not represent them, other than selling their products. Is there not another nearby dealer you could use? I am sorry they treated you so poorly, but not completely suprised. I only used dealers for warranty repairs myself.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i used to take my ford to teh chev dealer for its oil changes. they GM dealer did a much better job for a cheaper price LoL

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Yeah true they are not owned by Ford, but I understand the frustration. As I just went to the dealership to to get my seat cover the TSB for seat stains. And the service manager comes up to me and states he has to see the stains again. I told him that he already saw it and approved the order of the seat cover. He stated that Ford now need pics to be sent to them. So he wasnt able to put them on cause Ford wouldnt pay for the time wothout proof. I stated one more time he approved the order, I chuckeld and just walked off with my keys. No biggy cause Im sure the seat covers they had are cheesy, Im goona get Katskins seat covers and I have a carpet shampooer at home. :horse:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOOHOO!!! The tailgate has finally been repaired properly by Ford.

After many letters they had agreed to replace the damaged panel, hinges and repaint the tailgate and bumper.

:woohoo:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Glad you got some satisfaction! :thumb:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Katscan said:
What exactly is a Ford Territory?

"The Ford Territory is a crossover SUV built by Ford Australia and based on the EA169 platform of the Ford BA Falcon. It was released in April 2004. Its code name inside Ford was E265. It won the 2004 Wheels Car of the Year award, the reviewers praising car-like handling and practicality as reasons for its win. Ford had reportedly spent A$500 million on developing the range over four years. It is built on the same production line as the Australian-made Falcon. While many suspected that it would replace the Falcon wagon, the two models co-exist because the Territory is bought mainly by private buyers, the Falcon wagon by fleets."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Territory

1 - 10 of 10 Posts