Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...no sooner give your favorite vehicle a thorough clean and shine, fluff and buff, spit and polish only to then go out in the dirty world and, well, get dirty?
I just had my Escape looking as flawless as it can be when my son said "hey, lets go out to the National Grasslands and explore." Beautiful afternoon, soft light, gray fall clouds obviously in a hurry to get somewhere, some early tumbleweeds, over the shoulder glances offered by a few prong horns, and appreciative nods from some free range cattle. Great decision after all. My black on black came back a few hours later looking like a powdered doughnut.
Oh well, it is supposed to rain Monday.

:blush:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
That's how it usually goes... On my way home from work this morning a seagull gave me a nice present on the windsheild... nice mess at 70mph... :fan:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ltl'red is currently covered in road dust and MUD from my recent off road excursion. he will be getting a bath soon lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've never had a white vehicle in my life, so I bought a white Escape. It seems to look cleaner than any dark color vehilce I've owned, no matter how dirty it gets. I'm happy to not have to wash it every weekend :D

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I only wash my Escape really good maybe 2 times a year, with some general hose downs in between if I take it off road and get mud up in the wheel wells. When I do clean it I go all out to get in all the nooks and crannies, and put the Nu-Finish on, but as you say, it's usually back to it's dingy dusty self the first trip to work and back.

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

No way!!!!! It was suppose to rain tomorrow right? Well I made Ean's oil change appointment for Friday. After his oil change they always give him a bath. Guess where tomorrow's rain ended up moving to? Friday night into Saturday. :wall: :mad: If he didn't get a bath then it wouldn't rain haha ;-|

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Ean-The-Escape said:

No way!!!!! It was suppose to rain tomorrow right? Well I made Ean's oil change appointment for Friday. After his oil change they always give him a bath. Guess where tomorrow's rain ended up moving to? Friday night into Saturday. :wall: :mad: If he didn't get a bath then it wouldn't rain haha ;-|
What is this I see here?Oil change appointment?Where is all that previous talk about starting to get hands on some mechanical work?Trivial it may sound but crucial to be done properly.
PS.:Your short hair look is fabulous...if only some engine oil greased it up a little! :popcorn:

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
SUVord said:
Ean-The-Escape said:

What is this I see here?Oil change appointment?Where is all that previous talk about starting to get hands on some mechanical work?Trivial it may sound but crucial to be done properly.
PS.:Your short hair look is fabulous...if only some engine oil greased it up a little! :popcorn:
I do want to get more mechanical mister! ;-| hehe :D Umm but currently for my warranty they need proof it was done so I don't want to mess it up and all that good stuff. My warranty is almost up and I want to learn some more things and then start doing things to Ean. That sounded really bad haha :yes: :lol: :angel: Thanks for the compliment on my new hair! :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts