Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow its been a long time since I have posted a question. What would be the rough square footage of sound deadining of an ESCAPE the whole vehicle (ceiling, floor, doors, and hatch) and all that minus the ceiling? So 2 questions?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, interesting article :thumb: I have always heard the same too, of only applying so much dampner ad using different density materials. But I knew these two guys with SCION Xc (the car) one had done the COMPLETE car with dampner (ceiling, doors, pillars, floor, trunk, fire wall and pretty much everyhting that he could get to.) The other guy only did the doors, trunk and floor. Needless to say that they both did improve on sound dampening, but the one that had completely encased his car with dampner had the far superioer results.

So I think my approach maybe to go with MLV for the floor and then good ole dyna mat (or similar) material for the rest? But the MLV is thick and I dont want to have trouble seating the carpet back on the floor or have problems with plastic panels not fitting back on. I really just want to encase the E with dampeners. What do you all think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts