Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone direct me how to reset the battery monitoring system on my 2017 Escape S.
I tried what someone had on YouTube that also had a '17 Escape also but was a more deluxe model than my Escape S. It didn't appear to work when I tried the procedure a couple of times. Thank you for any help. Also have a Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Does your S have a BMS? It is on the negative battery post (This is my 2017 Escape SE with the 1.5 and auto start/stop)

What indications do you have you need to reset it, other than swapping out the battery? With mine, auto start/stop was still disabled until I reset it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure does have one. I've learned from a Ford tech that the BMS calculates the state of charge of battery & by the temperature & battery in days old it charges accordingly.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
To reset BMS not using a scan tool and Forscan:
  • steps need done in 10 seconds:
  • turn key to on (key on, engine off)
  • flash to pass 5 times
  • press brake pedal 3 times
  • turn off key

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I'll try that. I've done the other recommended way with zero luck. That was almost identical which is the following within 10 secs also. 1. Flash brights 5 times 2. Press brake 3 times & watch battery light flash couple times & done. The brake light never flashes even if I wait 30 secs.
Your way doesn't appear to have any confirmation that it reset but I'll try it. Thank you again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I'll try that. I've done the other recommended way with zero luck. That was almost identical which is the following within 10 secs also. 1. Flash brights 5 times 2. Press brake 3 times & watch battery light flash couple times & done. The brake light never flashes even if I wait 30 secs.
Your way doesn't appear to have any confirmation that it reset but I'll try it. Thank you again.
Thank you bangster. I tried it your way & drove about 20 miles & stopped at a couple of places. All the time I was watching the voltmeter that plugs into cigarette lighter. It seemed to finally charge fine! Before your way it would sometimes work & then all of a sudden drop to 12.2 volts. I have my fingers crossed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts