Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just been watching the BBC news this dinnertime, seems that you've had a little bit of snow (ducking down now!!!) :box:

What, with NO buses / trains running in London, road closures, and even Heathrow airport "closing" after the plane skidded off the runway, it would appear that for once, it's not us in the north that are suffering (Yet!)

Keep safe down there, and Big Chris, thinking of you, huddled up in your little red/white striped tent, with only a telephone junction box, and thermos flask, for company :yes:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hey :)

yeah - just replied to another thread in this regard!

My day...

Due to be my first day back at work after 2.5 weeks off with the new baby...

Get up at 6, look outside... damn - lots of snow! (about 4-5 inches)

Decide I will give it a go despite all likelihood of not making it to work in central London - leave at 6.30, wipe snow off car (take the maverick over the focus for obvious reasons!) get 10 mins down the road and think about heading back due to gridlock! Persevere and get to tube station, about 7 miles away about 45 mins later!

Surprise - tube is running!!!

Get on tube, even get seat!

3 stops later, driver says service is suspended - kicks us all off - neither anywhere near my work or the maverick!

Eventually they lay on a return train to repatriate commuters with their cars - get back to the Maverick about an hour later!

Finally abandon work and get home about 3.5 hours after I left - £3.50 train fair, £3.70 parking, and about £5 worth of fuel worse off!

What a productive morning eh! lol!!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should have taken the Maverick all the way, as Boris has waived the congestion charge for today ;)
Still, at least you got to spend some unexpected time at home with your new daughter :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
What he said^^^. You got some good baby time. I kinda wish we had one, but be so old a creaky that may not be such a good idea! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts