Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would add my opinion on a new addition to my Escape. Since my Escape is my daily driver, I needed something a little more substantial than the little carpet floor mats that came in it. I have used Husky Liner floor mats in many of my vehicles and they have always fit great and worked like a charm, so I figured I would order a set for the 'scape. They came in this morning and after taking them out of the box I set them in the sun to allow them to return to their original molded shape. After an hour in the sun they simply dropped in and fit great. If I HAD to say something negative about them is that the color is a little off, but they work so great I can overlook that. Not to mention, at around $70 shipped they are a great bargain. Here are a couple of pics:

If you need better floormats, give them a look.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I have the Husky cargo liner and absolutely LOVE it!!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i like how it covers the little foot rest spot. do they slide around at all? because of the amount of snow and salt i get up here, i have a set of deep rubber mats, but they dont cover as much of the floor as those.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CrashNburn said:
i like how it covers the little foot rest spot. do they slide around at all? because of the amount of snow and salt i get up here, i have a set of deep rubber mats, but they dont cover as much of the floor as those.
No they do not move at all. They have sharp little nipples that grab the carpet and they are molded around certain areas that help keep them in place.

Dasha said:
I have the Husky cargo liner and absolutely LOVE it!!
Yes, I meant to point out they make the same style for the backseat as well as the cargo area.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Very smart, monkey-1. I have always heard good things about husky floor mats. Looks like they will do a great job in keeping your carpet protected. :) :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I would like them in our Tribbie. Just not sure my wife wants to go down market from carpet to rubberized flooring :shades: . Then again we have tile floors in the house... :doh:

They look great imo, and would be in every vehicle. Our pickup has the rubber flooring from the factory. I just hose it out and scrub the mud if it's caked on. :thumb:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
We have something similar in rubber mats down under. :) Have decided to use a set of four, when i trade in the escape for my tiurbo diesel hilux.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Those are very nice, Im also looking at getting those very soon. I have the huskey cargo liner and love it. The issue I am having is I can't get the Huskey ones for my 09? Im assuming the 08 and 09 are the same in respect to the floor mat specs. Im very anal with my car and like to keep it clean and since I live in a snow climate salt stains are a pain in the butt and these matts will for sure help combat that.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i bought the weather tech mats and love them.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm sure they'd work awesome in my Tribby too but I love carpet. Hate rubber/tile etc. Too cold!! I normally drive barefoot unless I'm not wearing flip-flops/slip on shoes, so I looove carpet :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
where can i get the one piece back seat mat from in canada?

·
Registered
267 Posts
looks nice, i want them now

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just a thought...will the carpet floor mats fit inside the Huskys? I like the carpet and would like to protect it. Not sure I like the rubber look. If they do fit, would they slide around alot? They look like they would protect VERY well. Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks nice!
Was wondering, does anyone or has anyone tried the 05 and up cargo liner in an 01-04. Local person has one for sale, but it's for an 05+.

·
Registered
679 Posts
scott6003 said:
They look nice but I am still going to stand by weather tech.
I agree there great got the whole digital fit kit in mine. :thumb:

·
Registered
79 Posts
there are a few places in London Ontario that can get them in, and the place I visited yesterday actually has the ones I want for the front only in black. $112.00 for the pair. Expensive but they are nice and then I don't have to worry about wrecking the carpets.

·
Registered
679 Posts
112 for the digital fit ones?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts