Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for form fitting black rubber floor mats for my 2010 Escape. Have seen very comparable products offered by both Husky and WeatherTech. Does anyone have a preference or is one brand better than the other, and why?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've never examined the Weathertechs in person, but I can tell you that I love my Husky Weatherbeaters! Extremely sturdy, yet not so rigid as to be overly cumbersome during insertion/removal. If you have a power seat, you will have to trim two small squares out of the rear mat for proper clearance. The markings for this procedure are pre-drawn on the mat from the factory, making it very easy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply,

The digital fit mats are listed when you select the 2010 Escape, however they are not listed when the 2011 Escape is chosen.

I didn't see any information on there stating they actually fit 2011 Escape.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The 2010 Escape WeatherTech floormats will technically NOT fit in the 2011 model. There is one functional difference I've found between the 2010 and 2011 vehicles, and it is somewhat material.

The 2010 Escape and 2011 have different ways of holding down the mat. In the 2010, there is a traditional hook, but in the 2011, the mat hook is instead this snap-in type piece. There is a risk in the 2011 that the mat could, as a result, slip during vehicle operation if the 2010 mat is used. While the mold itself keeps the mat in place and I'm fine with the 2011 vehicle with the 2010 mat, some may find this a dealbreaker.

If anyone wants pictures of what I mean, give me a shout and I'll photograph both cars tomorrow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just had Van and Truck World order in the digital fits for my 2011. If you could post those pics it would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
hutchej said:
I just had Van and Truck World order in the digital fits for my 2011. If you could post those pics it would be helpful.
I'll try to get them as soon as I can.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My co-worker got a set of the Weathertechs for his Ram pickup and absolutely loved them. After looking at them myself, I bought a set in black for my Father's F-250 last September and he absolutely loves them. I'll probably get another set for my Wife's Escape for Christmas.

And the black is actually black, they look lighter in photos from the light reflecting off the liners, but they are black.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I ordered a set of the Husky WeatherBeater floor liners off a seller on eBay this morning. I got the two front liners and the rear one-piece liner for ~$120 shipped. If I like them enough, perhaps I'll spring for the rear cargo liner as well. Hope to have them by the weekend.

**EDIT**
Wow. It was less than 24 hours between the time I clicked "Buy" and the time the box was left on my front porch... and I didn't even pay for expedited shipping!

The liners seem to be of a nice quality, but I have yet to install them as I really need to vaccuum the floors first. Hopefully the weather will cooperate with me this weekend so I can get this accomplished.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts