Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The photo says it all:

This filter can be inspected and replaced without using any tools and best of all, it can take only a minute. Part of the spring cleaning process.

·
Registered
11 Posts
where is this filter located? i just picked up my hybrid, we haven't even signed the papers yet ( they are waiting for the C4C $$) they had to order me a manual for the truck. nothing in the glove box.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The filter is located on the driver's side rear cargo area. You can remove the small panel without tools.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry but I do not smoke. You can attempt to vacum your filter to clean it. This is just a particle filter.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After 14,000 miles driving in the past (almost) year, this is what my hybrid battery filter looked like:

The owners manual recommends inspection at 10K (miles) and replacement at 20K. This is a particle filter and some owners use a K+N modified filter for this use with cleaning every so often.

·
Registered
150 Posts
makoa79 said:
Where can i find the K&N air filter for the hybrid battery?
For future reference, the K&N part number is YA-1602-U, an engine air intake filter for a Yamaha motorcycle. You need to modify it by trimming off part of the sealing flange.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.