Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been here very long at all, but it seems the people here are not all that helpful. I have had I know of 2 issues and it took forever for someone to even respond or my first one was totally overlooked. The memebers here are very rude and do not seem to have any common sense at all.

Please remove me from the memberlist and hopefully this site will be run a little better.

·
Registered
679 Posts
every one here is very helpfull!! Sorry u feel this way. :beer:

·
Registered
836 Posts
This is probably the most informative site around. Maybe you didn't ask the question correctly or didn't include a model, year, issue etc. in your question?

"Hey I have a noise coming from under my hood, what is it?" - Things like year, make, model, country you live in, etc. really helps.

Your specific example:http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4976

No mention of year, make or anything so it was hard to even figure out what you were asking. Then once you supplied additional info, answers came. Also going in and "bumping" a thread 3 hours later puts off a lot of people. That may have added to the non-response initially. Putting together a cohesive, good question goes a long way...

Then this thread: http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4616&p=83289#p83289

davids2005 said:
Looking for the cap for the windshield washer fluid. Ours has seem to gone missing.

Thanks.
Now see that is a poorly written question. Nobody has any idea what year, make model etc. Thenm you follow up with this:

davids2005 said:
Does anyone have a part number.
Then J-Park answers it and you don't even give a thank you.

I am not trying to slam you but you have to at least make an attempt to get information nicely. Just giving some constructive criticism.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Wow... That's not my experience at all. This is easily one of the friendliest boards I've joined. I'm sorry you did not get answers for your questions but that might be because no one here has experienced the same issue(s) and we may not know. You shouldn't confuse a non-response with rudeness. Remember, this is not a site run by Ford or Ford professionals but a site run by Escape enthusiasts. While our membership may seem large, 80-90% of the members rarely visit or post. Some responses may seem rude but were not intended that way... I know that's happened to me. If a member is rude or unhelpful, ignore them. I hope you can give us another chance. If not... good luck finding help with your issues...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sinister mob said:
This is probably the most informative site around. Maybe you didn't ask the question correctly or didn't include a model, year, issue etc. in your question?

"Hey I have a noise coming from under my hood, what is it?" - Things like year, make, model, country you live in, etc. really helps.

Your specific example:http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4976

No mention of year, make or anything so it was hard to even figure out what you were asking. Then once you supplied additional info, answers came. Also going in and "bumping" a thread 3 hours later puts off a lot of people. That may have added to the non-response initially. Putting together a cohesive, good question goes a long way...

Then this thread: http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4616&p=83289#p83289

davids2005 said:
Looking for the cap for the windshield washer fluid. Ours has seem to gone missing.

Thanks.
Now see that is a poorly written question. Nobody has any idea what year, make model etc. Thenm you follow up with this:

davids2005 said:
Does anyone have a part number.
Then J-Park answers it and you don't even give a thank you.

I am not trying to slam you but you have to at least make an attempt to get information nicely. Just giving some constructive criticism.
I see you did not mention this one

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4021&p=74866#p74866

It seems my questions are pretty clear or maybe I am missing something. Looks like 5 days before I even got a response. I guess 2005 in my name was not enough to figure out the year.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Having 1022 in mine is not indicative of the MY either. So please stop trying to bust our chops over what apparently is your omission.

Just tell us about your ride. If someone has had an issue like yours, and a worthy solution or input to your question, they will post up. Apparently, no has on some of your questions. So rather than get ragged on for posting worthless responses with little or no help to you the requestor. They chose to not respond.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I've been on a lot of forums, and by and large this one is one of the most friendly I've been on. In fact some boards I've seen would have started only posting numbers from 1-10 after your "I'm leaving post" to rate how good or bad your forum suicide was.

At least these guys are trying to keep you around and give you constructive feedback on your postings so you will get the results you desire. A lot of other boards would more than likely only give the advice of where to not let the door bop you as you leave.

Stick around and learn. I've enjoyed my Escape more since I've joined here, which hasn't even been as long as you have. I learn more about my vehicle, and see what others are doing with their Escapes. If I see an Escape on the highway I can't exactly send out a "nice ride!" but here I can. This is a nice board with friendly regulars, don't cut it down cause you had higher expectations than could be delivered.

·
Registered
420 Posts
i hope u change ur mind and stay. i havent had any problems here and this site has already helped me tremendously. good luck with whatever u choose.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I'm sorry that he feels that he was being put off. I don't think anyone on EC would do that on peruse. Everyone has an off day and this may be his. Even when someone kicks us in the pants their still welcome here because there is a slim chance that we needed it. I hope to see you post in the future However If your really MAD at us and are Gone for Good we will miss you but you will be replaced by another Sole who wants to be part of a great Group. :yes:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Let's just be happy that we don't have moderators that delete posts for the sake of protecting personal opinions... :bust:

:topic: I just think you had an issue that nobody's ever really seen and didn't have an answer for you. I never saw it on the "View new posts" list and that the only place I usually look for thing to comment on. I'd definitely stick around for any future issues. This is really an informative board.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
davids2005 said:
I have not been here very long at all, but it seems the people here are not all that helpful. I have had I know of 2 issues and it took forever for someone to even respond or my first one was totally overlooked. The memebers here are very rude and do not seem to have any common sense at all.

Please remove me from the memberlist and hopefully this site will be run a little better.
David, I have been around E-C for a long time. I honestly do not feel that anyone here would intentionally ignore or be rude to you. :) Sometimes what someone writes can be misinterpreted or perhaps the writer may have a hard time expressing exactly what it is they are wanting to say. This can be a much harder way of communicating because you can't see the persons face. I have been guilty of coming across the wrong way and often worry that someone will take what I write differently than what I truly mean. I would never intentionally want to hurt anyone here.

Please take into consideration what everyone is saying to you. I sincerely hope that you will decide to remain a member of our E-C family. :beer:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Let's see. You posted a CRAZY request (about the $300 brake grease) yesterday morning while most people were at work.

You posted again 3 hours later, while most people were at work.

You received two solid answers last night. You received another solid answer this morning.

HAVE YOU TAKEN IT TO ANOTHER SHOP FOR A SECOND OPINION?
HAVE YOU PROVIDED US WITH THE REQUESTED DTC SO THAT IT COULD BE LOOKED UP AS OFFERED?

Good riddance!

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Not to be rude, but there's always a party pooper somewhere.

Thanks for signing up though?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Seriously. Like where else would you go to get info about your Escape. Good luck trying to get on that other board. This is not a fast moving board. Places like NASIOC, and Honda-tech make this board look like a static display. Most people I gather on this board are in their 30& 40's. Work for a living, and can't answer questions while at work.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
davids2005 said:

The lack of "rapid" answers means a site isn't ran well? The moderators on here do this in their free time, with no compensation other then the joy of doing this. This is a forum to get together and have fun. This is not a tech site where we have mods on call 24/7 to answer your questions. Most of the questions here are asked and answered by the members, not so much from us.
If this site doesn't suit your needs then I'm sorry, we can't please everybody.
Have a great day.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
You are so right, weebee, we can't please everyone. When I first saw this thread it was my inclination to attempt to diffuse the situation (my first post). That is what I have been trained to do when dealing with an irate client at work and even at home when dealing with an altercation between my kids, etc.

Now that I have slept on this I find the need to defend my E-C family. If you would take time to browse this board you will see that we have an awesome group of people here. This is board is very unique, it does not have the problems that other boards have. We have fun here and everyone helps each other when they are able. The E-C family is not rude. We respect one another as friends should do.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Everyone another day has dawned. I do not know weather we lost a unhappy member or were able to explain ourselves to him. We have done our best now lets move on.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Yeah, but I want to know if he ever bought the windshield washer reservoir cap that I took time out of my day to find for him.

:bill:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
At least he never got the tiny violin response......now that would be unfriendly!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I think I still have the original tiny violin pic...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.