Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I figure i'll use the "E" on the trails as I do so often and my 1979 Chevy C-10 for the mud and crwaling. I looked for 2 years for a Bronco but was unale to find one in the price range. So here is what i bought. 6" Rancho 5000 lift, 36" mudders.
I'll post more pics once i get it together and clean it up

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Sweet, I luv old trucks. Nothing but engine on wheels, not like today with elecronic this and that. What do youhave under the hood? 350?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks and yeah it's a 350. i need to replace the bearing and it's all good. The machienists at the yard said they would rebuild the whole motor for free :) :) :)

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
It sounds like a great Mud Bog Truck. Yesterday I ordered a S.S. Bull Bar and Smoked Window visors for my Tacoma I hope they get here soon :shades:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
:thumb: A friend of mine had a Chevy S-10 that he added a few things to (lift, shocks and big tires). That thing would go anywhere and make it look easy. I would love to get a mudder. Wish I had the time, space, money, etc.... Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
what kind of rear end is on it?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have no idea besides the suspension whats actually on the rig. i've always stayed fairly stock except suspension. I 've been looking for a 68 bronco frame and for 2 years have been unable to find anything that wasn't in better then new shape. So one of the pipe fitters said he has a built 79 C-10 with all the after market gear, but has a bad engine. $500.00 plus all the info. so next sat i'll pick the rig and all the paper work. Once I saw the true 6" Rancho it was sitting on I was sold. I'll list all the info i get on the weekend. :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts