Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...Monday morning and first day back to work after the holidays and I lock both keys in the car along with the keysless entry door code. Not realizing I had left the keys in the Escape overnight, I thought I would use the electric start key FOB and warm up the car. Here is the deal, when you start the car the doors lock as a safety feature. So the Escape is now locked with the keys inside. Having said this, the car wouldn't start because it must have sensed the keys were inside? I assume it read the chip in the keys or something? Anyway, called Ford (tried my best to restrain myself :calvin:) and before long the tow truck fairy arrived and opened my doors. Lessons learned.......hardly. It wasn`t the first or the last.

:wall: :bang: :doh:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Ouch!

I locked the keys in my car once, at a shopping center, miles from home. And the store manager (before cell phones, back in the dark ages of the sixties) would not let me make the long distance call home (what! are you kidding? a ten cent phone call) to have my mother bring the spare set to me. I found a pickup with a coat hanger inside the cab on the clothes hook, "broke into it" (well, opened the unlocked door), stole the hanger. Bent the hanger to pop the vent window latch, pulling the door handle up, thereby opening the door. Rebent the wire hanger to it's original shape, replaced it in the pickup on the hook. Got in my car and drove home. :)

I have ever since been manic about where the keys are when I lock the car. My son unfortunately has not been so inspired by locking his keys in his car. :confused: :shrug:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.