Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eva Cassidy. I just had to share. Her voice is incredible.

I was searching for more of her music and found out she die in 1996 from cancer. Bummed me out. But thankfully she and her voice still live on.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
:clap: Very nice... Beautiful voice for a beautiful song :) It's a shame she's passed away. 33 is way too young. She's the artist that created the version of Imagine that David Archuleta (last year's American Idol runner-up) sang that really got him noticed...

Isn't it great when you find a song or artist that touches you to the point you feel you need to share it with everyone?

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is... :thumb:

And is that Mr. Eric Clapton at about 3 minutes in? The comments on the video said it was. She kept pretty good company if so.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
futameca said:
And is that Mr. Eric Clapton at about 3 minutes in? The comments on the video said it was. She kept pretty good company if so.
I didn't notice the first time I watched but it looks like it could be...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I agree with the joy of discovering an angels voice. I can't remember where I first saw this (might have been someone here on E-C posted it, so I apologize in advance) but I would like to share this departed voice also. His name was Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole, but is best known as Bruddah IZ. He died in 1997. This song was used in the final scenes of the Adam Sandler movie 50 first Dates.

Mrs GE and I fell for the sound of Hawaiian music a few years back when we went there for our 25th anniversary. We have a picture somewhere of a double-rainbow over our hotel on Maui, so this song is special to us. I hope you enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
^^^This song is ALWAYS on dvd's I make for my students and give them at the end of the year. The dvd has the kids beginning and end of school year headshots and tons of pics of our year together..in the classroom, field trips, etc.
I first heard this song on ER.......the scene where Dr. Mark Greene dies...... :cry: I fell in love with it. :heart:

Oh, and ITA that Eva Cassidy was an awesome singer. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Iz IS Awsome... I've got that CD and anytime I need some calm I listen to it. :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.