Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dodge recently separated the car and truck brand identities using RAM for all trucks and Dodge for the cars.
The Dodge logo looked like this...

Now in order to solidify this "new" identity for Dodge cars they have released a brand new logo.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
wait for it...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Really? That's the best they could come up with?
(How long before people start calling it Dodge II?)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Wow that's original.... :doh:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
That's even better than the marketing genius at GM that came up with this idea: Let's retire Chevy. It dilutes the brand to call them that. They're Chevrolets. No more tough Chevy trucks, now they're formal Chevrolet trucks.

Let's spend some money on quality and innovation people, marketing can only take you so far...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I drove a new Challenger a few months ago....the exterior looks great. Interior plastics and "silk screen" labeling are cheap and ergonomics are poorly arranged...same goes for my father's Dodge Pick Up. It was true with my '08 Mustang and my 2003 Chevrolet Silverado. This is common with many american cars (note that I didn't say ALL)...they still get stuck with horrible looking interiors. We spend all of time behind the wheel, so why don't designers actually focus on the inside area of the car? Most European cars, (with SAAB and Volvo being excluded) look like art work on the "inside". IMO, until we get automobile interior designs up to a higher standard, our industry will continue to stumble along in second or third place.

And I agree...marketing will only get a company so far....then what? Word of mouth always catches up.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
It might help the manufacturer if they actually listened to the consumer once in awhile.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Come on now, what does the consumer know about what it really wants? :bang:

·
Registered
384 Posts
If Dodge could build a car that wouldn't :censor: the bed before it reached 100,000 miles, I MIGHT consider purchasing one. My family has only had one do that in the last 30 years. My 89 Daytona made it to 113,000 miles before it died. My dad's 1983 Aries and my mom's 1977 Aspen both didn't make it to the 100,000 mile mark...they met the crusher before then. My buddy had a 1995 Intrepid and a 2002 Stratus that both died before 100,000 miles as well, so he now owns a Ford quality automobile...a 2005 Focus.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Almost every person I knew who owned a Dodge Truck, at some point the Engine light would come on and NEVER go off no matter how much it went to the shop....

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I cannot think of a more perfect owner matchup with a foreign manufacturer than Fiat. The Fiat cars that I have known were only slightly worse than the most recent Chryslers. Dodge trucks were the exception. Most of the 2002 model year trucks (previous gen), were able to improve their quality. Not certain about the newest gen, but they did make improvements to the interior tactile quality.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
ltlredscape said:
No, it dosent mean that...it means

Fix It Again Tony

oh crap i reached 50 posts...with this one lol.
Should'a known... :lol:

And congrats on hitting 50! :clap:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
ltlredscape said:

Fix It Again Tony
I just heard that on Top Gear but could not remember exactly what he said. :lol:

At my old airport job in upstate New York we had a pair of 80s Ford F-150s for running around in, when they repainted them we "fixed up" the tailgates spread out F O R D logo. One said Fix Or Repair Daily and the other said Found On Ramp Dead. :D It was suprising how well they actually worked, considering all the Bubbas who worked there beat on them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ajax said:
ltlredscape said:

Fix It Again Tony
I just heard that on Top Gear but could not remember exactly what he said. :lol:

At my old airport job in upstate New York we had a pair of 80s Ford F-150s for running around in, when they repainted them we "fixed up" the tailgates spread out F O R D logo. One said Fix Or Repair Daily and the other said Found On Ramp Dead. :D It was suprising how well they actually worked, considering all the Bubbas who worked there beat on them.
I have another one for Ford but i cant say it on here lol.

FIAT: Found In A Tunnel

To not sound too much like a racist, how do u oil a FIAT?
You run over an Italian.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Keep those jokes coming and the Italian Anti-defamation league will put a contract on you.
Fiats used to be the smartest cars on earth.To avoid any serious damage, as soon as the skies were getting cloudy, they stalled.

·
Registered
294 Posts
hmm, wht ever happend to freedom of speech lol.

seriously, FIAT has started to make better cars recently but still they are glorified Yugos
Spain also makes their "version" of FIAT, its called SIAT, they are even smaller.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts