Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got laid off from my company that I had been with for 2 years 6 months ago. I found work in 5 weeks (nice having a trade).
The company is a good company (I'm sure everyone here drinks our product).
A week ago I was offered a recall to my old company. It has been a horribly stressful decision. I feel bad for my fiance. I have been a moody bugger!.

I finally just decided to back. I wrote my resigantion letter 5 min ago and sent it off (I'm working night shift)...

wish me luck.. (as I sit here sick in my stomach wondering if I did the right thing...)

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello Onefastbike.
Best of luck there.

Hopefully your instincts will indicate, the path of least resistance.
I admit that work options can be a pain.
Weighing up all the pros and cons.

I believe that destiny works in mysterious ways.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I'm with stone. I think destiny works in funny ways, but you know, with the economy slowly gaining ground again, anything is possible.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Good luck. I'd be nervous going back to a company that laid me off. Especially if I had gotten a new job with a company that is financially stable. Job security is huge. I don't know all the details and I'm sure you weighed everything... job security, the people you work with, pay, benefits, etc. I hope it works out for the best!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I tend to agree about leaving a stable employment, to return to a place you were released from. Then again, the specifics about the two employers and your job are not posted. I hope you made the correct decision.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
RobtRoma said:
I don't know all the details and I'm sure you weighed everything... job security, the people you work with, pay, benefits, etc. I hope it works out for the best!
I agree with Rob. I'm sure that this is a decision that you have given much thought. I wish you all the best. :)

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Sometimes you just gotta go with your gut.....I'm sure it will all work out for the best!!!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Good luck with returning. It would have cost them a pretty substantial increase in $$ for me to return, not to mention a contract that was non-negotiable. I would be pretty leary of management. Hope you have some type of union...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.