1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Very cool. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
That is AWESOME! :clap: :clap: :clap: Thanks Estelle!

It hit close to home... we recently attended a service for a family freind who died. He had a career in the Marines. This was the first time I attended a military funeral service. I don't care who are... when they play taps and hand the flag to the widow... the water works will flow. :cry:

If you'll indulge me I little more. Marc was 65, just retired from his 2nd "career". (worked two jobs for 20 years to provide a comfortable living for his family), He was retired one week, then he was taken by a drunk driver. After seeing the pain, the anguish, and the destructive nature for ALL involved I ask that we all be more aware as we enjoy time with family and friends and if there is drinking involved to please, please make other arrangements to get everyone home safe, rather than driving. :peace:

:topic:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Thanks, Estelle!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And I couldn't have said it better, Tom.

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
futameca said:
That is AWESOME! :clap: :clap: :clap: Thanks Estelle!

It hit close to home... we recently attended a service for a family freind who died. He had a career in the Marines. This was the first time I attended a military funeral service. I don't care who are... when they play taps and hand the flag to the widow... the water works will flow. :cry:

If you'll indulge me I little more. Marc was 65, just retired from his 2nd "career". (worked two jobs for 20 years to provide a comfortable living for his family), He was retired one week, then he was taken by a drunk driver. After seeing the pain, the anguish, and the destructive nature for ALL involved I ask that we all be more aware as we enjoy time with family and friends and if there is drinking involved to please, please make other arrangements to get everyone home safe, rather than driving. :peace:

:topic:
---I'm with you there Tom. Alcohol abuse has cause more pain and suffering than
most illegal drugs, and not only with drunken drivers.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Speaking as a retired Sergeant Major and a Vet, that guy has it going on. I got goose bumps. Thanks Estelle!!

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you for sharing, I love to hear stories like that!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts