Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i got my new stereo today from sonicelectronix. It came with a mount and a wiring harness. i proceeded about installing it today, and when it came time to try and turn it on, nothing happened. i proceeded to check all the wires multiple times to make sure everything was in order. After everything still seemed good, i found that when i disconnected the wiring harness, and plugged my old stereo in, it didn't work either. Then i also found that the locks don't work, and neither does the ceiling light. However, the car still starts, and my headlights and everything work fine. Does anyone know what the problem could be, and how i can go about fixing it?

Stereo: Kenwood KDC-MP142
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17268_Kenwood+KDC-MP142.html
Harness: Scosche FD16B / FD16
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_1541_Scosche+FD16B+-+FD16.html

2003 ford escape without mach.

(if any of that helps)

Thanks guys! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Fuse??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there was a new fuse that came with the stereo.

oh i get it, check the fuse. lol. ok ill do that first thing tomorrow. but if anyone else has any other ideas why it may happen please share.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
There is a battery junction box, and a central junction box. One of those probably blew a fuse.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where would those fuse boxes be? i know of the one near the drivers seat, under the steering wheel. where would the other be?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
chowzilla said:
where would those fuse boxes be? i know of the one near the drivers seat, under the steering wheel. where would the other be?
Engine compartment.

The rest I have to PM you because it is sensitive info.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
LOL... live, learn, and then do it over again.

He PM'd me with the info that he's found a blown fuse and off to replace it. Should be back in the game in no time.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
fourthmeal said:
He PM'd me with the info that he's found a blown fuse and off to replace it. Should be back in the game in no time.
:thumb:

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have to admit, even though pulling the battery cable takes 20 seconds, it's something I hate doing as well. I have cheated before also. There's something about having to set all the radio presets, clock, sound settings, etc., that isn't really fun. When installing new, or replacing, you have to do all that anyway.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I cheated too when installing my amp and wiring. I ran everything, plugged in all of the goodies then connected the positive 12v fuses last. Never diconnnected the battery. Made sure I was not touching anything when I did plug in the fuses.

But a new HU install is a different animal. I will be disconnecting battery terminals when that time comes. No room for error.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts