Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:yahoo:

Excellent show. Predictably they played 5 songs from the new album (not a bad thing), but the place erupted with the first oldie of the night, 'The Thing That Should Not Be'. :rockon:

They limited songs from 'Load' & 'Reload' to just 1 song...'Until It Sleeps'. St Anger also only had 1 song aired..'Frantic'.

It was old school all the way. 'One', 'Blackened', 'For Whom The Bell Tolls', 'Wherever I May Roam', 'Of Wolf & Man', 'Jump In The Fire', 'Seek & Destroy', and the Queen cover 'Stone Cold Crazy'.

But the highlight of the evening for me (and everyone else going by the noise) was 'Master Of Puppets'. :thumb: :yahoo: :)P :rockon:

Totally excellent.

I've been a bit indifferent to Metallica on recordings over the last 10/12 years, but live they're still on top form. It took me right back to when I first saw them 18 years ago! :yes:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I first saw Metallica on the Black Album tour in Charleston, WV (March of 92) then later in the summer in Pittsburgh with GNR. I too have been indifferent with the albums. St Anger for me was blah but I like the new album much better. Although I am a die hard Rush fan (I saw them ten times just in July this tour) and always say they give the best show, I gotta admit one of the tightest shows I ever saw was Metallica. I remember thinking how can these hair metal guys play sextuplets so fast and so clean? I haven't seen them without Newsted yet...

I am a psuedo musician, playing mostly classical and jazz, so my favorite was when they recorded S&M with the San Francisco Symphony. I thought it was awesome, right up there with Elton John and the Melbourne Symphony. Too bad KISS didn't fare to well with their gig with the MSO. Ouch, I totally expected more from that show.

When I bought my Mustang, I was having a hard time deciding between two of them, as I test drove the second, 'Seek and Destroy' was playing on the radio. I took it as a sign and bought it. Same thing with the Escape, it came down between two and 'Freewill' by Rush was playing when I drove the one I bought. Hehehehehe, sounds kinda lame when I say it out loud! :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
man i am so freaking jealous
id love to see em live but just have never had the chance here in aus always somthing prevevnting me from going the few times they have come hear
have got their new ablum yet
do you guys rate it i will most likely be getting it this week end
cheers

·
Registered
738 Posts
Seen Metallica new years eve of 99 at the pontiac silverdom along with Sevendust, Kid Rock, and Ted Nugent. Sounds like they played about the same songs except for st. anger and the new album of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts