Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering installing the new Icom commercial uhf in the escape. Have spoken with my radio tech in context of the install. Told him there has been a change of plan, because i would like him to set it up in the new car. It definitely needs to be a remote head configuration.

My chosen antenna position will be on the bull bar. Not sure if i will have all the radios installed at one go. This will depend on what my radio technician recommends. Depending on his time he might have to wire them up seperately. So basically there will be three antennas on the roo bar. They will correspond to the Icom 208H dual bander, Icom F2010 commercial and the Icom F6061 multi-mode commercial uhf.

The F6061 is positively my last commercial uhf transceiver. There is a limit to how many uhf radios can be installed in a car. The transceivers i use in context of uhf hobby, are all exclusively engineered, designed and manufactured in Japan. Other manufacturers that adelaide citizens are partial to are: Motorola. Kyodo (Sawtron). Yaesu. Alinco. Kenwood. Midland. Maxon. Uniden. Electrophone.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I much enjoyed my Vertex at work. Or Yaesu, or whatever they call themselves.... Anyway it was the cutest little damn thing in the world. Reminded me of a keychain :hyst: ! It was so tiny, I could keep it in my whacker pants pocket rather than wearing it on my belt. Ugh I hate crap on my belt!

Now I'm back to good, ol' reliable Moto's. Yuk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts