Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IDIOT SIGHTING :
We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you n eed a 1/4 horsepower.' I res ponded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, 'NO, it's not.' Four is larger than two..'

We haven't used Sears repair since.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, 'you gave me too much money.' I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back.' She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said "We're sorry but they could not do that kind of thing.' The clerk then pro ceeded to give me back$1 and 75 cents in change.

Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.

IDIOT SIGHTING :
I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

From Kingman , KS

IDIOT SIGHTING:
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a t aco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had iceburg lettuce.

From Kansas City

IDIOT SIGHTING :
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?' To which I replied , 'If it was without my knowle dge, how would I know?' He smiled knowingly and nodded,
'That's why we ask.'

Happened in Birmingham , Ala.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'

She was a probation officer in Wichita , KS

IDIOT SIGHTING :
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker. She was leaving the company due to 'downsizing.' Our manager commented cheerfully, 'This is fun. We should do this more often.' Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-i n -the-headlights stare.

This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING :
I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her syste m would not turn on

A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office, no less.

IDIOT SIGHTING :
When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealer ship to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the drivers sid e door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctiv el y tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocke d. 'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'its open!' His reply, 'I know. I already got that side.'

This was at the Ford dealership in Canton , Mississippi

STAY ALERT!

They walk among us... and the scary part is that they VOTE and they REPRODUCE.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:hyst: :clap:

From my personal folder:

IDIOT SIGHTING:
One snowy morning, a bunch of us at work were talking about how great front-wheel drive (and all-wheel-drive) works in the winter. Our receptionist said she was having all sorts of trouble driving in with her 2WD pickup. Someone suggested a front-wheel drive car. She said she didn't know how to drive those.

We all walked away in different directions, :stifle:.

:bill:

·
Registered
611 Posts
I see you met some of my :wacko: in-laws. (out-laws) J/K But, I can tell you've been in the Detroit area. The area is full of them.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Now that's what psycologists refer to as thinking outside the box... :roll:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:lol:

She also had back problems. I was going to mention an ergonomic chair, but I thought that I would be pushing my luck at that point.

:roll:

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
I had a young office clerk once who called-in to say she would not be in that day because she had a hang-over. :bill:

·
Registered
611 Posts
A few days ago I was having some work done at my local garage. A blonde came in and asked for a "seven-hundred-ten".

We all looked at each other, confused, and another customer asked, "What is a seven-hundred-ten?"

She replied, "You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine? I lost it and need a new one…" She said that she didn't know exactly what it was, but this piece had always been there and looked important.

Confused, the mechanic gave her a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to draw what the piece looked like. She drew a circle and in the middle of it wrote 710. Still didn't get it. He then took her over to another car which had its hood up and asked "is there a 710 on this car?" She pointed and said, "Yes of course, its right there."
>
>
>
>
>
>

:play:

·
Registered
256 Posts
This is a TRUE story, but note the ACTUAL prices and you can guess how long ago this was . . . . (do idiots get any smarter over time?)

prowler and mrs. prowler were next in line at the grocery checkout. The woman in front of us had 5 containers of frozen lemonade.

She asked the clerk, "Are these the ones that are on-sale 5-for-a-dollar?"

The clark answered, "No. These are 19-cents each".

The woman scooped up the 5 containers and ran back to the frozen-foods section to exchange them.

We exchanged VERY puzzled looks with the clerk.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts

Another idiot calls a local township administrative office to request the removal of the "Deer Crossing" sign on the road.

The reason? Too many deer were being hit by cars, and he no longer wanted them to cross there.

:whistle:

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
jpark said:

Another idiot calls a local township administrative office to request the removal of the "Deer Crossing" sign on the road.

The reason? Too many deer were being hit by cars, and he no longer wanted them to cross there.

:whistle:
That one has to bee true because it's too unbelievable...and they walk amongst us (unless Walmart has a big sale).

This happened to me in 1983

I was in a store in Atlanta buying what was left of their summer items. It was October and I was taking the family here to Panama City for a long weekend.

I take my items to the check-out and the women asks if I'm going to the beach. (clue 1) I said "Yes I'm taking the family to Panama City." She says "that's nice, but please be careful" I said "Why?" she replies "I hear that Noriega fellow is very dangerous" (for the younger people he was a notorious dictator in Panama, central america)...one of the few speechless moments in my life. :doh:

Back in 1996 when Atlanta hosted the Olympics. People from New Mexico were having trouble ordering tickets because they were constantly bumped to international sales. A supervisor was quoted on the news..."New Mexico, Old Mexico, it don't make no difference, that be international sales."...They walk amongst us. :doh:

·
Registered
48 Posts
This was back on 1997. My brother was partying all night when one of his friends got him getting home and ask him to go around town to see how the local pubs were doing, so he jump in the car with his friends and drove away... on their way to the pubs his friend who was obviously speeding ran off the road and crashed. At the hospital my brother was complaining about a chest pain due to the seatbelt, the nurse kept ignoring him, he was so pissed that he was ready to walk out the ER. When the nurse just got him and started asking the rigorous Q's about him, name, address etc etc, my brother just kept asking for pain killers, and was getting angry. So finally the Q's he was waiting(i guess) the nurse ask him about his Plan, and my brother angry Yelled! "MY PLAN? MY PLAN?!, my plan was to go to bed and go to work tomorrow, but this SOB pick me up right when I was getting into the house, and here I am with a damn chest pain due to the crash" :shrug: :hyst:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:hyst: :clap:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just moved from CT to NC. When I went to pick up my truck, there was a guy arguing with the man at the desk.
customer- Why was my card charged?
man- cause thats the company policy when trucks are returned at night.
customer- but I left a message that I would be here to pay cash
man- What I can do for you is reverse the charges from the card and then you can pay cash.
customer- But why was my card charged though.
man- Its company policy.
customer- I told you, I left a message though
man- the boss doesnt have time to check messages every day! We are have a lot of trucks outside right now, he has been checking over the trucks since 6AM (its about 9:30 at this point)
customer-(looking over the bill that was voided from the card) whats this $60 charge?
man- For the hand truck that wasnt in the truck.
customer- I told you in my message that I forgot it and its outside right now!
man- was it in the truck?
customer- No
man- thats what the charge is for, not returning it with the truck. But since you did bring it back I wont charge you.
customer- Im not paying $60 for that! I could get it new for 50 bucks!
man-(now getting mad) That costs $150 or more! What the f*** is your problem! Your not getting charged anyway!
customer- You dont have to yell.
man- listen, you arent getting the charge on your card! Your paying cash! Here is your new bill. (Hands him his new bill)
customer- Im not paying the $60 charge, if you think I am your crazy!
man- Can you take the bill and look at it! I told you I wasnt gonna charge you!
customer- (takes new bill) why dont you check the messages?
man- we got too many trucks to check over, I told you this!
customer- Im still not paying that $60 charge! and did you take the charges off my card so I can pay cash?

ME- dude! He told you, he reversed the charges on your card. You paying cash now. Andyou arent being charged the fine for the hand truck! Pay you f***ing bill and get out so I could get my truck!
customer- (to me) who the f*** are you? Do you know who I am?
ME- It dont matter who I am, or who you are! Pay the bill and get out!
customer- (to the man behind the counter) Some people are so rude
man- like you?
customer- (silence,)
He payed his bill and left, without saying another word. The man behind the counter thanked me, and gave me 10% off my truck! :yahoo:
so from the begining this guy was arguing about his credit card that was no longer being charged! What an idiot!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is an excellent story! I think I would have said something too!! Kudos to you!!

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
PollKat said:
A few days ago I was having some work done at my local garage. A blonde came in and asked for a "seven-hundred-ten".

We all looked at each other, confused, and another customer asked, "What is a seven-hundred-ten?"

She replied, "You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine? I lost it and need a new one…" She said that she didn't know exactly what it was, but this piece had always been there and looked important.

Confused, the mechanic gave her a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to draw what the piece looked like. She drew a circle and in the middle of it wrote 710. Still didn't get it. He then took her over to another car which had its hood up and asked "is there a 710 on this car?" She pointed and said, "Yes of course, its right there."

:) :lol:
>
>
>
>
>
>

:play:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts