Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone... I am new to the forum but I hope to be able to contribute and learn. My 09 XLT has sor far received window tint and a trailer hitch for haulin the bikes. I got the trailer wiring all finished up today and things are looking pretty good. Although my XLT is pretty loaded, it does not have navigation. I am thinking that I may eventually replace the audio with an aftermarket double din but was looking for some input. If I replace the factory system, I am going to lose SYNC, the usefulness of the USB and line inputs for SYNC, and the center dash display. I realize that most full featured systems with nav are also going to include ipod and bluetooth, but I like stealth and wondered if there is anyway to integrate the already installed mic and steering wheel buttons used by SYNC. I may decide to just leave the factory system and upgrade the amps and speakers........ just not sure yet.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Eesh - I'm not familiar with the operation of Sync and it's ability to integrate into non-OEM applications. Gracious site admin JPark can likely speak to it's compatibility, what I can tell you that many of us here on the forums are running Kenwood DNX 51xx/71xx models and are all very pleased. Other common units include Pioneer and Eclipse models. As you noted ,you can use their BT/USB features (sometimes at cost of additional modules)

You might follow the user "RMAC" and his adventures, as he's got 09 Escape Limited and has been moving forward quickly with mods.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.